Monday, August 16, 2010

Friends, Family, and Puppies

It was a big weekend for this little chickie...well...not really. But I always find myself EXHAUSTED by Sunday night, so they always feel big.

Friday was pretty low key. Big A and I hung out with J$ and her hubs. Nothing too exciting. Saturday, Mr. Fresh and I were VERY productive. We did the dishes, folded the laundry, and cleaned up the house a little bit. Then we went for a nice long walk at this little park Big A found. Unfortunately, people seem to have caught onto our little plan because it was PACKED!
Mr. Fresh and I like our quiet time when we go for walks. We don't want to talk to other people. We don't want to play with other dogs. (You should have seen him when this dog ran full speed across the field and wanted to play with him...he sat there with this annoyed look on his face like, "Mum, c'mon. Let's get away from this clown!" He has very easy to read facial expressions I swear.) By the time we were done with our healthy walk (with only a few interruptions from the outside world) we met up with Big A. Of course, who can refuse an adorable puppy, so he got played with by EVERYONE, including Auntie J$ who kept bringing him for mini walks. Then we all went to J$ and the hub's place (including Mr. Fresh) and had a nice fun-filled evening, complete with White Zin Sangria (Tip: J$ put apples, strawberries, and grapes in it instead of the normals berries...it was AMAZING).

Sunday was a bit of a family day. Big A and I hopped in the car and drove over to my parents' house to meet the new puppy. He is by far the cutest thing I have ever seen (other than Mr. Fresh of course). He grows so big so fast so all he did was sleep because he was so tired. Such a good little boy. Here are some pictures of the handsome:





Please note that this two month old puppy's paw is almost as long as a playing card. This guy is going to be HUGE! Full grown: 3ft tall (on all fours - almost 6 ft on hind legs); and anywhere between 140 and 160 lbs. Yikes!



After some good family time, Big A and I went to his parents' house to fix something on one of his trucks. I was very helpful and read the newspaper, making sure to stay far away from his tools and his truck. Then we spent some QT with Mr. Fresh and then headed back over to my Aunt's house because my cousin and her four kids were here visiting from Ireland. You want to talk about high energy! I need to figure out what those kids were doing because I could use some of that bounciness lately. They were great kids and it was great to see her and everyone again.


Unfortunately, like most good things, it needed to come to an end so we piled our tire behinds in the car and headed home. We decided to try a wicked cool "shortcut" home. Big A promised that it would take so much time off of our trip. It didn't. It was about the same. Just back roads. One of these days we will finally come to the realization that it takes 45 minutes to get to my aunt's house and there isn't any way of getting there any sooner. *Sigh*

So here we are back to Monday. Miss Sass is back today THANK GOD!!! I would be lost without her. We all went out to lunch because it was her birthday yesterday. Deliciousness. I think I am going to explode I ate that much food!Tonight is girls' night with L too! Always makes for a good Monday!

Tonight (if I have the energy to stop at the grocery store on my way home) I have decided to create a new recipe. (Thank goodness I ate a big lunch in case it doesn't taste good) I'm trying to be brave and think outside the box a little. Little Miss OCD has trouble straying from a recipe or cooking something different. So, we will see how it goes. If it sucks...then I'm SOL. If it's great maybe I'll take some pictures and post the recipe. I mean there's got to be a least one person in the world interested in my make-believe recipes (Mom?!?!)

Well, wish me luck and we will see how this goes. Hopefully for Big A's sake it doesn't taste horrible or else he may be making a nice trip to BK tonight for a lavish dinner of a Whopper Jr. and Onion Rings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Somethings...