Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Just two more hours...

OK, so I can already tell that at least part of this blog is going to be whiny. I apologize ahead of time and feel free to stop reading now and find something more entertaining to do.

I...am...EXHAUSTED!!! I have no idea what my problem is. I overslept this morning waking up at 7:37 AM when I am supposed to leave my house at 7:30. Not good. Last I remember I was having dream that Big A and I were hanging out somewhere that was infested by giant robot bugs.

"See, this is why I am telling you we need to move out of this apartment. Look at this!" he picks up a giant white robotic caterpillar that slightly resembles a storm trooper from Star Wars (that's what they are called right? those white guys? I dunno, I've never seen a full Star Wars in my life).

Regardless...this is the last thing that I remember before I woke up and the "OH SH*T!" alarm went off in my head. I didn't even have time to make coffee. And I forgot to buy half & half yesterday so it wouldn't have mattered if I did have time. So I drove to work without coffee. I'm surprised everyone is still alive. Me - coffee = not very high functioning / kind of grumpy. It was really one of those mornings where the deck is just stacked against you. I knew I had a morning filled with crappy work. Remember this fun post: Patience? Ya, that's what I had waiting for me. I started it last night and could not bring myself to stay late as I made 16,000 different types of arrangements. It was exactly how I expected it. The website all but died on me at one point. I think that it's possessed and does it to torment me.

So, now here I am at 2:30 in the afternoon fighting the urge to crawl under my desk and take a nap. The annoying part is that as soon as I get home today I will feel fine and won't go to bed any earlier because I won't be tired anymore. Which means I can expect this tomorrow. Oh Joy!

OK...I'm getting off my point now...let's get back on track. My point is that everyone has had those mornings when they wake up late and things go wrong and you just KNOW your day is going to be a wreck from that point on. You might as well just crawl back into your bed and cut your losses. These are the days when you might as well just call into work by saying:

"Look, it's been one of those mornings. I woke up late. I stepped on the dog and now he hates me. I tripped down the stairs. I slipped in a puddle of water. I got deodorant stains all over my ONLY clean shirt. I'm thinking it's in every one's best interest that I don't come to work today. I mean, I'm just going to mess up everything anyone and then spend the next day trying to clean it up. So why don't I just stay home and then we don't have to clean up any messes."

I'm thinking that might honestly work. Never tried it though. Plus, even if your boss says that you still have to come into work and it isn't a good enough excuse, I'm pretty sure that you can get them to change their mind by promising to park your car next to theirs (you're pretty likely to accidentally ding it with your door / back into it / blow it up etc.) which is almost a guarantee that they will tell you to stay home.

Otherwise, worse comes to worse. Go into work and make sure that you are near your boss at all times so whatever does goes wrong, effects them too. That way the next time you have one of those mornings, they will probably suggest that you stay home before you even ask.

It's something worth trying. That being said I absolutely LOVE my bosses. And short of giving me crap saying "are you ever planning on coming into work?"(because they think they are funny) when I ask for some time off, they are incredibly understanding.

So I have managed to entertain myself for a total of ten minutes, which was part of the plan, but I was kind of hoping it would last longer. Unfortunately, when the energy goes...so does the wit.

Until next time... unless I somehow manage to hit my head on my desk when I inevitably pass out and forget that I even have a blog from temporary amnesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Somethings...