Friday, August 6, 2010

The search is on...

So, Big A and I got to talking recently and we decided that although we love our apartment...we DO NOT like our electric bill in the winter. I mean the loft is cute and all, but not worth the money especially since we NEVER use it. So... the search is on for a new place.

I find myself back into the same position that I found myself almost a year ago. However, at that point I had been looking for a year and a half so I was quite done with the process. You will be "surprised" to know that...I'm still done with the process. I HATE looking for apartments. The daily searches, the e-mails, the phone calls, the walk-throughs...all to find out Joe Schmo (who you are pretty sure was featured on America's Most Wanted) has decided that his little no-window basement apartment that smells like mold and body odor is so great that you can fork over 90% of your paycheck for it. Thanks, but no thanks JOE!

I understand that owning property is a great way to make money. It's a great investment (present economy excluded) and done right can be quite beneficial. However, this does not give you the right to mark up your hell hole at 10 times it's worth because it's in a "location". Really? I'm pretty sure that I saw someone getting mugged outside on my way in...LOVE the location.

I have been actively looking for about a week now. A week way too long. I decided to conduct my daily search a little early today and eventually found myself looking at houses. (A girl can dream can't she?) I began looking at very modest houses somewhat in our fictional price-range in the town that Big A has decided that we are staying forever. (Ya add that to the fun list of criteria...I HAVE ONE FREAKIN' TOWN TO LOOK IN AND THAT'S IT!!!) However, looking at houses in our pretend price-range isn't fun. And they aren't very pretty...so I decided that if we were going to be living in a fantasy world then I might as well make the most of it. So here's what I found:

"Amidst 55 acres of rolling fields with covered bridge over a trout brook and backed by an open hillside with views, this stunning custom 7662 sq ft estate home has every amenity for quality living. Fourteen spacious sized rooms with 3 full + 2 ½ baths, lower level billiard room, bar, fireplaced family room with walkout to beautiful stone patio, gunite heated pool, attached 3 car garage, 52'X80' new barn with second floor and a 5 offices over a 3 car garage. Truly a beautiful country estate"

So I know what you all are thinking right? "She NEEDS this house!!!" Haha! I mean really people. Unless you are like the Duggars and have 30 kids...who needs this type of space? It seems a little over the top for me. That being said, if someone handed me the keys and told me I could live there for free for the rest of my life, I wouldn't turn it down.

Unfortunately, until that happens I am stuck spending my days on craigslist, mls, rent.com, houseforrent.com, and every other place on the internet that will give me listings of places that are a little more in my price range. I can see a hissy fit and a total dramatic break down resulting from this. But for now I will put on my big girl face and try to find the most perfect place for me, Big A, and Mr. Fresh (our too cute puppy...who is fresher than any dog I have ever met). Hopefully this time we can find a place that doesn't look like a five year old was their carpenter and won't have neighbors who allow 15 different people to live with them in a one bedroom basement apartment. Although, I'm thinking that's going to be as unattainable as the aforementioned mansion. *SIGH* Well, a girl can dream can't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Somethings...