Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

Yesterday someone sent me a link to a game...so I figure I'm a little bored...why not? Come to find out it's Spongebob Squarepants Bowling. So what do I do? I play it of course.


I watch the little shell move back and forth, back and forth, back and forth....and....STRIKE! I was so excited. Then I got another strike, then another. This lasted for about 7 frames until I got the dreaded spare. I was doing so well and I'm slightly ashamed to say that I got a little upset. I decided to act like a big girl and keep playing. I got a 253 for my final score and was a little proud of myself. First time playing, not too shabby. It wasn’t long before my competitive side reared it’s ugly head and I decided “hey, I bet you I can get a perfect score”. I would NEVER be able to get a perfect score in real bowling…so what’s the next best thing? Spongebob bowling.

So, I try again. It goes a little something like this:

Strike, strike, strike, strike, spare…reset.
Strike, strike, spare…reset.
Strike, strike, strike, strike, strike, spare…reset.

This went on a few more times. More than I am willing to divulge. I finally put the computer away when I began to have thoughts of punching one of these little sea creatures in their smug little faces. Mrs. Puff…Sandy Cheeks…Mr. Crabs…I wanted to smack the smiles off of their faces (for the record, I worked with kids for 8 years…that’s how I know the names…and I may or may not have dated a guy once who was obsessed with it). I knew Big A was going to be home soon, so I decided it was time to shut down for the day. I don’t need him coming home to me throwing a hissy fit about not getting a perfect score on a Spongebob Squarepants game. I cam imagine the conversation going like this:

Big A: Um…why is the computer broken?
Me: Because Spongebob was pissing me off?
Big A: Who?
Me: UmmSpongebob Squarepants, duh!
Big A: And how was he pissing you off?
Me: I couldn’t bowl a perfect score!
Big A: Ya, I don’t think this is working out.
[Enter sounds of footsteps walking away, door slamming, and his truck peeling out of the driveway]

There are some parts of yourself that you should keep hidden from other people, especially when in a relationship. Becoming slightly violently enraged because you can’t beat a Nickelodeon game is one of those things…I can’t help it though. I get a little competitive…just a little. When Big A did come home, I did my best to smile and pretend that Spongebob wasn’t dancing in my head going “na na nah pooh bah!”

Anyways, this brings us to today. The office has been very quiet this week. Most people are travelling, on vacation, or out for whatever reason. Miss. Sass is one of them. So I have pretty much been by myself for the past two days and it will continue the rest of the week. Today, instead of having lunch partners, I ate at my desk. I was checking my e-mail when I saw the e-mail that contained the link to the game. Hmm…I thought. I wasn’t doing anything. Why not? I mean it was my lunch break. Plus I was still answering phone calls and e-mails while I was eating, so it wouldn’t really be that bad if I just played a couple games…right? So it went a little like this:

Strike, strike, spare…reset.
Strike, strike, strike, strike, spare…reset. (Insert frustrated grunt here)

My patience level was very low today. Probably had something to do with the Spongebob nightmares last night. But I was also pretty sure that I had just heard him call be a baby, so I couldn’t lose this fight now. So I tried again

Strike, strike, strike, strike, strike, strike, strike, (deep breath) strike, strike (holding breath), strike (just need two more for the bonus frames) strike, STRIKE!!!!

I couldn’t believe it! I gave Spongebob a smug little smile and silently told him where he could go and what he could do there. My glory was short-lived though because I came to the realization that I had nothing to show for it. So I decided to learn how to do a screen shot (forget the fact that I have never bothered to learn this before, but now I HAD to learn). Here it is ladies and gentleman:


I know this post may seem a little silly, but when you are sitting quietly by yourself for 8 hours; hoping that the mail guy comes around so you can have some human contact with the outside world…little accomplishments like this mean a lot. Hopefully, when Miss. Sass comes back next week things will return to normal…well as normal as they can get. But for now, Spongebob can eat it, because I kicked his butt and won his stupid game! Woo hoo!

And for those of you who would like to try it for yourself…do so with this disclaimer:

“Playing Spongebob bowling may elicit a high competitive and violent reaction. Screaming, swearing, and trash talking about sea creatures’ mothers may occur.
Play at your own risk!”


Here ya go: http://ak.imgag.com/imgag/product/full/ap/3040935/graphic1.swf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Somethings...