Thursday, August 12, 2010

Who's ready for some football?

Guess what time of year it is?



Time for Football!!!

Tonight marks the first pre-season game for the New England Patriots. I became a fan of football against my will a couple years ago. I never really hated football, but watching sports wasn’t really my thing. But then it came down to, A: Suck it up and learn to enjoy it or B: Don’t see Big A at all on Sundays from August to January.

Ya…I learned to love it!

So every game we head over to a friend’s house, sit by the bon fire, have some food and a couple adult beverages; and spend the next several hours yelling at the TV. Rain or shine. Sunny or snowy...we are out there EVERY game. When the Patriots were in the Super Bowl in the 2007 season...we were out there...snow pants, boots, hats, gloves, mittens...it's pretty intense.

This year has been made even more exciting by the three day event that my work had at Gillette stadium. I don’t know if any of you guys have been to the Hall of Fame and watched the movie on the Patriots, but it will make a fan out of ANYONE. I’m talking diehard Steelers fans admitting that the Patriots are a good team. I’ve seen it three times and every time I get goose bumps and tears in my eyes. It’s THAT good of a movie.

So I’ve been ready for football season. Especially after watching them practice the second day of training camp. Plus….guess who’s back…



My boy Welker got cleared to play…so I would think that the other teams should be shaking in their boots by now. It’s just a matter of time before we play you and then…ultimately…kick your ass.

That’s not trash talk. It’s a fact.

So tonight, I will be sitting in my brand new Welker jersey, with a beer in my hand, watching the Patriot’s 2010 – 2011 debut. It’s gonna be a great season. I can feel it!

I came across this great websites that has some good quotes about football. Read them: enjoy and get pumped for 7:30 tonight!

http://www.quotegarden.com/football.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Somethings...