Thursday, March 3, 2011

Booooorrrrreeeeeddddooooommmmmm

Two posts...one day... that can only mean one thing...I AM BORED OUT OF MY SKULL!

We all know it's not because my life is that exciting. Because it's not.

I'm sure I have talked before about how it is either feast or famine at work. Well... after FOREVER of being so busy I was ready to rip my hair out... guess what... there's nothing to do. Fun right?

I have thought of a thousand different things that I could do at home. Clean. Laundry. I want to make a photo album. I want to go rug shopping. Etc. etc. Guess how much of that I can do?

Nada. Zilch. Nothing. Oy!

I'm getting antsy. I don't know if it is because I am bored. I don't know if it is because I have been attempting to redecorate the living room for the past million years and now I just want it to be the weekend so I can get.it.over.with. I don't know if it's because this winter has lasted for 7 billion years and I am over it. I don't know. But I'm bursting out of my skin here. I need the weekend. I need nice weather. I need...I dunno... something.

Anyone else get this? I feel like a little kid who has been stuck in the house all day every day while it pours outside. Running around in circles, literally going out of my mind. Jumping on the bed. Jumping off the couch. Climbing on the counters. Seeing how many steps I can skip at a time. Although imagine all of this in.my.mind.

At least in real life you can take said kid by the shoulders and shake them while asking what the hell they think they are doing and to cut the crap...(disclaimer: I do not condone the shaking of children...but let's be honest. Our parents have all grabbed us by the shoulders and given us the "what the hell are you doing?" look...so it's more of a metaphorical grabbing/shaking). How do you do that when it is all in your head?

I'm pretty sure that I am losing it.

These are the days when I stop thinking it is funny to say that I have ADD and I wonder if there is a little more truth to it than I think. I mean obviously those who know me, know that at times I can be a textbook example of it...and it is all fun and games to laugh about it...but I am pretty sure it is real. Like... really real. Oy!

So the clock is sllloooooowwwwlllllyyyyy ticking by. T minus 2 hours and 38 minutes until GO time. Dear Lord. I don't think I will make it. Don't you HATE days like today? We have all been there. Sitting at work. Slowly losing your sanity. Thinking "If I could just get out of here without anyone noticing...I may be able to save myself" yeaaahhhhhh

I will be here for the next 2 hours and 37 minutes and I will maybe get an e-mail or two. Nothing pressing. More for an FYI. I probably won't get a phone call for the end of the day. If I leave though... enter 8,000 e-mails that need immediate responses, help, etc. 27 phone calls and voicemails. Followed by the calls on the cellphone and text messages wondering where I am. It is bizarre. I will leave 5 minutes early because no one has talked to me in HOURS and all of a sudden my phone is blowing up left and right. Awesome.

And the worst part is that I can't think of a single thing to do. I mean there is always the standard cleaning my desk. But I have one more day of this insanity. I don't want to use up my ONLY back-up.

Oh how I would give anything to be able to go home and sweep the floors. At least then I would feel productive.

Dear Lord this is getting sad. Alright. I'm going to finish now and pretend that I am off to do something wicked cool and amazing. Something you will all be jealous of. Something....awesome.

Or sit here and count down the next 2 hours and 30 minutes... OY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Somethings...