Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Goals, Goals, Goals

I completed yesterday’s goals. I’m pretty happy about it. I was crazy productive when I went home.

I managed to take the dog out, wash the dishes (twice), workout, cook lasagna, vacuum the rugs, and clean the counters…all by the time Big A got home. I was pretty impressed with myself.

Today’s goals? Workout and do a couple loads of laundry. (Since tonight is the weekly night that L comes over, I am just going to eat leftover lasagna rather than cook an entire meal that only I will be eating! Still counts!)

I’m liking this whole daily goal thing. I feel like I have to take personal responsibility for what I do. And if I don’t do it, then I feel the need to explain. And even I feel lame typing…I didn’t do what I wanted to do. Instead I sat on the couch like a fat ass, watched TV, and ordered disgusting food. Ya… I’m all set with writing that. Because honestly anything else would be a lie.

So far so good. We will see how long this lasts.

Work is going well. A little slow lately, but it usually doesn’t take long for things to pick up. Then I’m buried. I continuously need to remind myself that I am asking for it when I claim to be bored. There’s someone getting a big kick out of it. I can just see it now.

Me: “Wow. Gee Golly, I sure am bored”

Powers that be: “Really? Bored? OK… Take this!”

*Insert gigantic piles of paperwork falling from the sky and my computer bitch slapping my face to get to work since it all needs to be done yesterday*

Yep… that about sums it up.

The rest of life is pretty boring right now. Not that I am complaining at all. It’s better that the amazing amount of insanity that usually ensues. I will take this any day.

Ma Dukes and I have started a fun little thing in order to get our big butts into shape encourage a healthier lifestyle. We have set little bribes prizes for ourselves to reward us when we reach certain goals. With the nice weather right around the corner (it better be or I am going to be one pissed off Masshole) we are dying for a manicure and pedicure. We don’t go often, but when we do it is heaven. BUT we have agreed that we are not going until we lose 5 lbs.

Mine looks a little like this:





5 lbs Manicure & Pedicure
We need to wait for both of us to lose 5 lbs for this one. This will be the only one we need to reach together since we all know going alone is SOOOO boring!















10 lbs Big A bought me a gift certificate for
my birthday and I have been
waiting for the right time to use it!














15 lbs Sexy Summer Shoes. You know the kind of shoes that say "ya I'm awesome and my shoes match my awesomeness"






20 lbs A Victoria's Secret bathing suit. Apparently this one is from a few years ago (I can't believe I never saw it!) but I will get one as equally as awesome!

I’m pretty excited about it. I get to be healthy. Lose weight. AND get fun stuff that I would normally talk myself out of buying to “save money”. BUT I can rationalize these things if I feel like I deserve them.

So. We will see how it goes. It all seems like a great idea within the first two days. Then life happens and it is pretty easy to get off track. We shall see.

Anyone else have goals they are struggling to meet? Or am I the only heffer person who is having trouble achieving what they want?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Somethings...