Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It All Started When Two People Fell in Love...

So, I never got to my third post yesterday, but I'm sure some of you are happy about that. You don't need me clogging up your google reader, e-mail, facebook updates, etc. etc. etc....or do you?

BUT... I did want to continue my ode to Big A. It's easy and hard (yes all at the same time) to explain what we have. I was watching the movie Juno the other night and she put it into the simplest words that I can find..."he is the cheese to my macaroni"...meaning that we just "go" together. There's no science to it. It just works.

I remember the night I met Big A. I went to a party at a friend's house that I really didn't want to go to in the first place. I was babysitting and the parents didn't get home until like 10 o'clock and by then I had gone into complete vedge mindset. However, due to the fact that I was 2 minutes from the party, had already promised my friend I would go, and the parents made fun of me for being 21 and wanting to go home at 10 o'clock on a Saturday night...I drove the 2 minutes down the street and went to the part. And GOD and I GLAD that I did!

When I got there, everyone was drunk. Like.... really drunk. And I was stone-cold sober. FUN! I remember thinking, "I'm not playing catch-up. I'm carting around these drunk people trying to find a place for them to lay down, throw up, etc. and I'm really not having a good time". Plus... the keg was gone about 15 minutes after I get there. Thus putting the nail in my sober coffin and that was my cue to exit.

I made some excuse to my friend saying I was "going to the store to get cigarettes" with all intentions of just not coming back. However, while I was talking to her some voice came out of nowhere and asked if I was going to get cigarettes. I turned to see who the annoying person was who was not only eavesdropping, but interrupting my conversation and there he was...

Tall, brown hair, amazing green eyes, wearing a blue plaid shirt, a Red Sox hat, and leaning against his blue '69 Chevelle. The world stopped spinning. My breath caught in my throat. There were dinosaurs in my stomach doing back flips on a trampoline. And I did the coolest thing I could think of... I looked right at him and said...

"Uhhh....no....haha....yes!"
(Way to go me!)
Obviously my coolness and charm really caught his eye because we continued talking. We ended up talking for about an hour before we even left for the store. He had hidden beers that he offered me (umm... can we say Mr. Perfect). And I felt like I had known him for years. We talked until 4 AM (who does that?). It was...well...perfect!
I spent the next two days obsessively checking my cell phone, wondering if...I had given him the right number, if it was still working, what if I missed his call... I drove Pickles crazy. There was a time when I went to the bathroom and I had a missed call when I got back. It was from an "unknown" number. No voicemail. All I could think of was... that was him, he called, the number didn't know, figured I would just see the number and call back, but I don't know the number, so I can't call, and he thinks I'm not interested, and I never hear from him again.
Oh my God! Can you say psycho? Luckily, he called later that night before I went into full blown Looney Tune mode and became that girl from the cell phone commercial that is stalking her date from the tree outside his apartment, and then from his closet. Haha. I never knew why I got so weird over him. I mean ya, I've been anxious about a guy calling before, but never to the point that I was losing my sanity over it and screaming at my friend for not answering my phone while I was in the bathroom...once again...go me!
But, he called and the rest is history. It's been almost 4 years and I still stammer dumb things trying to act cool in front of him, the world still stops when I look into his eyes, and the dinosaurs have only gotten bigger and learned to jump higher. And I couldn't ask for anything better.
Now I'm not going to pretend that everyone is coming up roses and that our poop don't stink (classy aren't I?), but the part that matters the most is that even when we want to kill each other, I still couldn't imagine being with anyone else. He is the only one that I want to fight with for the rest of my life (haha so romantic huh?) but it's true.

2 comments:

  1. i am totally that creepy girl in a tree!!

    great story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks! Not my finest moment, but he's still around for some reason!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...