Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Jillian Michaels and the Forever Aching Legs

So if any of you have ever seen this:

You can imagine how I feel today.


UG! So, I decided that the wonderful kickboxing video I was doing on Exercise TV just wasn't cutting it. It was fun, but I wasn't really feeling anything afterwards. I figured, no pain no gain (or loss) right?


So I toddled my way over to Walmart yesterday to get myself a new kickboxing DVD. I was uber sad to find out that they didn't have one. What the hell was I supposed to do now?


I remembered L talking about this new(ish?) Jillian Michaels DVD that she was doing and she LOVED it! Besides the fact that L is a complete health freak and actually enjoys working out (God I wish I had her devotion and motivation) I figured that if she was suggesting it to me then she thought it was a good one. L knows how much of a wimp I am, so if she was pushing something it meant that I wasn't going to collapse from a heart attack 5 minutes in.


So, I buy the damn movie and head back to work. When quitting time came, I skipped on home so excited to do my new video. I thought, "Wow, this is going to be great! I'm going to love it. And I am going to feel great! And I am going to lose a million pounds and Jillian Michaels will be jealous of MY body!" Yeeaaaahhhh....


I did the video. I LOVED the video. I made it more than half of the way through before I was actually breathing heavy. I felt great doing it. There was only one part of it that I struggled with (umm...you do a million jump-squat moves while rotating in a circle...have fun!) but, I even still did most of that part. Just skipped a couple (I swear!). And right when I was getting really tired, Jillian spoke the magic words "Cool down".


I had made it through. I went through the cool down moves. Stretching my muscles. Feeling great. Feeling like I accomplished something. And it ended sitting cross-legged on the floor while Jillian told me I did a great job (Thanks J! I know!) I shut the DVD off. Watched TV for about 5 minutes and then decided to get up and wash those dreaded dishes. And then I realized...


Jillian ain't no fool. She doesn't do work outs where you get a little out of breath and then chill out and are fine (especially when you are as out of shape as I am). I should have known. I should have assumed. Because I could barely get my ass off the ground. I struggled to get up while I wondered when someone had the time to replace my muscles with Jello-O without me knowing. OY! Was it bad. Well so I thought...


This morning, I woke up to what Jillian was REALLY going for. Oh am I sore! I'm doing this great, sexy walk that is somewhere between a penguin and umm...another animal that walks funny. UG! I should have know. Silly me.


So now, I am trying to keep moving so that my muscles don't go on strike. Thinking of a thousand different excuses of WHY I can't do it again tonight... (because it isn't pathetic enough to try to think up excuses to tell someone else...I need to figure out ways to lie to myself...GOOOO ME!) But, I will just have to suck it up and do it. Apparently, working out once in a blue moon really doesn't have much affect on your body...go figure.


This continues mine and Jillians love-hate relationship. She loves to make me miserable and I hate her for doing it! But the woman does have a rockin' body, so I guess I should listen to her. Although, I'm thinking a cheeseburger diet sounds more up my alley. UG!


Anyone else have any workout horror stories that they would like to share with me so I don't feel so bad and pathetic? I mean seriously, you should see me walking... it's not pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Somethings...