Thursday, March 24, 2011

Petite Lap Giraffe

So, I have become obsessed with those new DirectTV commercials with the mini giraffes. So much to the point that when they recently came out with a new one Big A was screaming bloody murder for me to come see it and paused the TV until I came into the room (Didn't I tell you we were meant to be?)

Do you know the one I am talking about? Check out the pic below:

And you can see the commercial here: DirectTV Giraffe Commercial
So...today when we are both "hard at work" my mom sends me this website: http://www.petitelapgiraffe.com/index.php
And it got me pretty excited! Who knows if it is real and frankly, at this point I don't care. It gives me a glimmer of hope that they do indeed exist. Big A said that if I can find one for $400 or less then I can get one. I don't think he knows who he is messing with here. We know I am a bargain shopper and my skills do not stop at mini giraffes.
The first thing I did (after screaming and jumping up and down at my desk - which for some reason doesn't surprise anyone anymore) is text Big A. It went a little something like this:
ME: Holy Shit! Little mini giraffes exist! For real! I waaaaant one! (Sidenote: Yes of course I texted him before researching it futher, they have a giraffe cam for pete's sake. C'MON!)
Big A: Haha. That's mint. How much are they? (He has learned not to question where I get my information. It is easier for him to just roll with it)
ME: Haha I don't know if it is a scam. Supposedly there is this one place in Russia that has them and the next baby is promised to some Prince. I will never get one. Wah!
Big A: That's crazy.
ME: I think Mr. Fresh wants one for his birthday. (I am Mr. Fresh's translator. And since I would have a harder time convincing Big A that he wants one for his bday in April, I figured I could swing it for Mr. Fresh's in May - And yes, we celebrate our dog's birthday!)
Big A: He might eat it.
ME: Nooo they will be best friends!
Big A: Maybe.
ME: Pessimist. :)
So, I don't really know where Big A actually stands on his opinion of whether we should get a mini giraffe (since he won't even let me get another dog!) BUT, I'm pretty excited that he at least humored me with the conversation. I think it purely is because he doubts my ability to find one. I will genetically engineer myself one if I have to. Watch out Big A! Haha!
Soooo.... my new mission is to find one. Anyone have any leads on Mini Giraffes? Or Petite Lap Giraffes as the website calls them. Big A's bday is in 8 days, maybe I could surprise him?!?! Bahahaha!!!

1 comment:

  1. SO I know this is a really old post, but I saw it on the side bar and had to read it. I am obsessed with giraffes and loved that commercial. So if you ever find one, give me the details. This post cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...