Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Engagement Story Part 3 The Aftermath

If you haven't already, read Part One and Part Two

When we arrived home that evening, Thursday was already over. The day that we had gotten engaged, was over and it was a new day. That was bittersweet. I so wanted to hold onto that feeling. Like I said before... I didn't want to forget a single moment of it.
Friday came before I knew it. I barely slept a wink, but the night flew by and it was time to go to work. As excited as I was to get into work and tell everyone, I didn't want to leave Big A. I have been engaged for only 12 hours and now I was leaving my fiance for the whole day. That sucked. But I put on my big girl panties and went to work.
Lucky for me, I ran into Big A on my lunch break. That was pretty exciting. Heh. Ahhh the little things.
Friday night, we had dinner plans with friends already so it was great planning. They came over and we had a couple of drinks (and some champagne!) which I proceeded to drink out of my engagement ring wine glass that J$ had bought me (there's a funny story about that). Then headed over to this local Mexican restaurant. Well...even though at 11 AM that morning they took a reservation for 8:15 PM...by the time we got there they assured us that they don't take reservations and never have. Fun. So we got to wait for a good twenty minutes before my inner-child was extremely cranky and they sat us down.
After some great food and margaritas, we headed back to our house again. For some more champagne and beers. Needless to say, it was another long night.
And for the record...hard cider, champagne, and margaritas...DO.NOT.MIX And I ended up accidentally dropping the glass that J$ gave me when I was washing it and shattered it. That's not the funny story. I actually cried. I'm heartbroken.
Saturday night, a friend of mine came over and brought us an AMAZING engagement gift. It was this beautiful box, with a picture frame on the front, that said He asked and she said Yes! Then it had our names on it and the date that we got engaged. It was perfect. Ma Dukes stopped by and informed me that there were flowers on the front porch and thought they were for hag lady in the front apartment. Since we ALL get our mail there, I thought maybe it could be for us and I went up to look . It was from L, her almost-hubby, and her handsome little man. They are BEAUTIFUL! They are slowly, but surely opening up! I will have to take a picture and show you guys. Then C and I headed to Border's for some Wedding books and magazines! I got Big A this great book that tells him pretty much how to handle me if I go off the deep end while attempting to plan this wedding. (Let's hope he doesn't need it, but I thought he could use all of the help he could get)
Saturday night, we went to a friend's house for a BBQ and some more celebrating. They were watching the Bruin's game and I was trying not to fall asleep. It had been a long couple days. Another night when we didn't get to bed until after midnight.
Sunday we finally made it over to his parents' house to see them and Big A's sister. It was nice to be with my "new" family (they were already family, this just makes it legit!). We hung out for awhile and talked plans and such. Then it was time for my family dinner, so Big A and I rushed home. We threw together the laundry (since we don't have a washer & dryer so I have to do it at my parents - ummm yeah we need a house pronto) and then it was time for Mr. Fresh and I to leave. Home by 10:40 and another almost midnight bedtime.
We're exhausted. It's been days of non-stop celebration. And although we love everyone we saw and we were so excited to share our news, we were "celebrating" (i.e. drinking) for 3 days straight. So it is time for a break.
Unfortunately, I am off to VA tomorrow for 3 days for a work event. Which couldn't have come at a worse time. I was a little excited to go since it sounds like it will actually be fun, but I don't want to be aways from Big A now. We have barely spent any alone time together since we got engaged and now I am gone for two days.
Sad.
Ahh well though, there's nothing I can do about it. And I kind of need this job since we have a wedding to plan and all.
Ya know... cuz we gots ENGAGED!!! Ha ha still love saying that!
Well that is all for the insanity of the past few days.
Did anyone else have a whirlwind of an engagement? Days upon days of insanity? I feel like I'm going to be sad when all the excitement stops though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Somethings...