Monday, August 15, 2011

A Little Set Back in Planning

So... today is going to be a big fat whine fest. Please feel free to skip it. I attempt to warn you ahead of time so you can choose not to read it before you are in too deep. So... considered yourself officially warned.

This weekend blew.

Friday night was my Bridesmaid Wine Night and it was FABULOUS. Don't get me wrong. I love my girls and when I have stopped hating the world then I will post a happy, fuzzy recap of all of the hilarity that ensued, but for now I just won't be able to do it justice.

Saturday, all of my bridesmaids plus my mother and future MIL came over. We headed out to see the venue. We had a bit of a late start and got stuck in traffic so we were a bit late. I hate being late, so the anxiety started there. When we arrived at the venue, we were told that the woman wasn't scheduled to come in that day. She also had another appointment that day that she apparently blew off. And she's one of the owners. Nice.

They found someone else for me to talk to who told me that the room was booked so we couldn't see it. There was a "wedding" in there and they wouldn't be done for about an hour. We could walk around outside if we felt like it. Cool.

So we walked around the grounds and talked about minor details and such. We noticed that the people were exiting the room so we decided to wait around until they were done. Yeah... it was a Bridal Shower. NOT a wedding. Way to be informed guy.

So, when I went inside, I couldn't find anyone. I asked the bartender if I could look at the room downstairs since everyone left and he was the nicest person there. He said go for it and asked me if I needed anything.

We went downstairs and looked around a bit. The first guy I talked to came into the room and some point and never once acknowledged that we were there. Didn't ask us if we had any questions. Didn't ask us if we needed anything. Nothing. (Mind you we have already given them a deposit and planned on spending thousands of dollars there)

So, we left. I said thank you and goodbye, to which the guy (and the woman he was talking to) looked at me, and then went back to what they were saying. No goodbye. Nothing.

I left feeling disappointed. Disheartened. This was supposed to be an exciting day and it was ruined.

I had a big long talk with my future MIL and my mom yesterday and we decided that we need to keep looking. We need to find some place that is going to be attentive to us. This isn't the first time I have had problems with this lady and I don't want to spend the next 14 months feeling this way. I just can't believe that I am back at square one again.

I've been looking into places and hopefully we can find something. We probably won't get to keep our date, but there's nothing really that we can do. We are hoping to get our deposit back, but we will have to see on that one too. I'm just bummed. It shouldn't be like this. Planning a wedding shouldn't FEEL like this. I feel like I've been cheated. And with everything else going on right now, this really is the last thing that I need.

But, it's the only thing that I can somewhat control right now (more than anything else) so I am choosing to focus on this and to push everything else out of my mind. Healthy right?

Whatever. We'll see how it goes.

3 comments:

  1. aawww you poor thing - how disappointing! I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience but it sounds like you are doing the right thing by continuing to look at other venues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh goodness. this sounds awful. best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that's just awful! Have you spoken to the woman yet and told her your feelings? i'm so curious what she has to say about this! That's awful! good luck finding a place, sorry this has been stressful!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...