Monday, November 28, 2011

Back on the Wagon...Again

Sooo... here we are. Another Thanksgiving come and gone.

I seriously can't believe that we are a mere days away from December 1st. It is pretty insane. (And don't worry... the birthday countdown will be beginning. I know you all were concerned).

With Thanksgiving looming over my head, I quickly discarded my healthy eating and regular workout routine. I ate whatever I wanted, drank whatever I wanted, and sat on my gigantic butt when I wanted.

Nice.

I wanted to get back into the swing of things, but I figured with Thanksgiving coming, there really was no point in trying to be good. I would just ruin it anyway. (Because eating like crap for the entire month of November is exactly the same as eating well for the entire month of November, but cheating on Thanksgiving. Totally the same. God I love my rationale sometimes!)

Then I figured, with Christmas comes more food. And there's my birthday. And New Years. And oh hell, why not just wait until January 1st. Start the year a new.

Except, I know myself. I am great at excuses. I can rationalize myself into anything (at least temporarily). I would find some other excuse. And before you know it, it will be time for the wedding and I will spend the rest of my life looking at those pictures wondering why I couldn't just put the cheeseburger down long enough to not be a heffer for a few months of my life.

Now, before you all get on me about the fact that I am not morbidly obese... it doesn't matter. I FEEL disgusting. I might as well be 400 pounds, because I would probably feel just the same. And before the rest of you go all, "you talk all this crap about eating right and losing weight all the time and a few months later it is another post about how you want you eat right and lose weight because you didn't. WAH!"... yeah. I get it. I'm annoying as hell.

BUT... inspired by Shannon's post today (and the pictures of those girls with the killer ass and abs) I am going to start today.

I've been doing MyFitnessPal. I am even going to attempt to go to the gym (that is if the gym clothes in my car aren't disgusting. They have been in the back for about a month and a half with god knows what else because my car is a gigantic pit).

So... wish me luck. And hopefully, I can actually hold myself accountable this time. We shall see.

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving / Weekend. I'm sure you are all sitting at your desks whining about being back at work like I am. I spent the first two hours of my day with a gigantic pout lip on. Uber professional...I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Somethings...