Monday, November 28, 2011

A Festive Border Collie

Yesterday, I drove home from work, got in the house, took the dog out, sat on the couch for a little bit, and then started cooking dinner. It was then that I realized that, like most days, I had forgotten to stop on the way home and pick up milk and light cream for my coffee.

I can NEVER remember to pick up ANYTHING on the way home. It doesn't work. I can leave myself notes. I can set an alarm on my phone. I can do eight billion things to remind myself, and they never work. So, poor Big A is usually stuck running my errands. I will usually run out to the store if it is something I need for dinner, but otherwise, I am usually cooking dinner and it just makes more sense for him to pick it up when he comes home from work. Such a nice guy.

When I texted him though, he told me he wasn't coming straight home. He had a bad day, it sucked, no he didn't want to talk about it, and he would be home later.

Yikes. I knew better than to push, although I was dying to know why it was so bad (turned out it was just one of those annoying days where everything is frustrating and nothing goes right... we all know how those go).

I hate when he/anyone is upset, especially when there is nothing I can do to fix it.

So, Mr. Fresh and I did what we do best. We put on our crazy shenanigans thinking caps and came up with the idea to send our favorite guy a fun, festive picture.

He was actually slightly cooperative throughout this picture.
He must have known it was for his Papa.
 

It took a few tries (and lots of promises of cookies) but we finally got this picture and sent it to Big A. He definitely had a good laugh at it.

It may not have changed his crappy day, but at least we were able to make him smile a little. Mr. Fresh and I are going to come up with a giant collection of hats so we can send him more funny pictures on crappy days!

3 comments:

  1. Cute! That is the perfect way to cheer someone up!

    PS: I found a new guilty pleasure... e-mailing my hubby our grocery list for him to pick up on the way home. It's lovely! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome... I admire your ability to do something funny! I would probably just harass my husband until he told me what was wrong! :)

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...