Thursday, December 1, 2011

It is Officially Birthday Month!!!

Happy Birthday Month to One and All! I'm so happy that I can share this with all of you. 19 days and counting. (If you need my address to send lots of presents, please feel free to e-mail me. Heh. I kid. I kid.) Oh the magic of my birthday... Can you feel the magic in the air?

Huh? Thought that was the Christmas Spirit? Nah... it's my birthday!

So, I have the office to myself today. I was disappointed for about .5 seconds. And then I realized that I could listen to Pandora and do whatever I want today. Tough life.

I did, however, have a meeting with one of the guy's I work with who is in Ohio. He's around my age, and lucky for him that fact alone makes me attach myself to him like a stage 5 clinger whenever we are in the same place. It also means that he gets daily IMs from me complaining about whatever tickles my fancy that day. Lucky for me, he hasn't told me to eff off yet. Yet, probably being the key word there.

Anywho... he spent 15 minutes trying to help me figure out why I couldn't access the Adobe Creative Suite even though I downloaded it 13,000 times. Turns out I downloaded it wrong. Awesome. My computer's main job in life is to make me look like an effing moron in front of this guys, because seriously... the icon wasn't there to download. Ever. But... here we are today and PING there it is. Eff me.

Whatever. The whole point of this is, that he gets all of these assignments to write and design things for the company and that's really not his thing. He likes different aspects of his job, (as all of us do), and would rather focus on that. So... what do I do? I take it upon myself to steal the programs that they bought for him and research training for it. I also have plans to head out to C-Bus for him to train me too. Of course, I haven't told my bosses any of this. I'm sure they will react with admiration of my go-to attitude.

Or they pretty much won't give a flying eff because they are never around anyway. So honestly, I could do most of my job sitting on the beach in Hawaii as long as they had Wi-Fi. (Now that's an idea)

I figure it will either help me advance in the company. Or pad my resume. Either way. I'm in the front row. I decided that I can't expect anyone to just hand me a position. I need to make my career be what I want it to be. And no one is going to do that for me. Plus... there aren't a whole lot of positions in this company that I completely love fully. And if I like them 95%... they are usually in another state or require over an hour drive to and from the office everyday. Eff that.

Soooo... I will mold myself into an invaluable asset to this company and create something all of my own. We all know that I don't always enjoy conforming into little tiny, well-described boxes. So... I will make my own box. Star-shaped. Yeah....

And... that's my plan. Coolio isn't it. At least I think so.

That's all for today my lovelies. Although we all know I post more than one non-sense post on days that I am alone in the office. It makes me feel like I have friends to talk to. :)

2 comments:

  1. It's great that you're willing to learn new stuff and push to do something new! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Oh, and happy birthday month!)

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...