Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Spoiled Rotten

As you know... yesterday was my most favorite day of the year... my birthday!

This year was a bit different than most. I found myself a little more laid back about everything this year. Maybe it just comes with age. Who knows. I no longer feel the need to go out for my birthday and get hammered (I now hold that for random wine nights heh). I don't need to make a gigantic deal of it all. Just some good times with some good people.

Although... I still keep the "it's my birthday" card in my back pocket in case people step out of line.

Now, let's talk about the awesome people in my life shall we?

(And please excuse the craziness of the pictures. Blogger and I were fighting all morning about their placement and this was the best I could do)

 My bosses spoiled me rotten by getting me a gigantic edible arrangement and a bunch of balloons. De-lish!
Flowers from my handsome man.                           An awesome Patriots shirt so I                                                                                  can represent my team
Probably THE most thoughtful gift anyone has EVER given me. A handmade picture frame with a picture of me and my brother when we were little. He broke a bunch of cool plates and designed this himself. I LOVE it!
My card from Big A. He thinks he is soooooo funny!
A scratch ticket from a co-worker. I won $20 on it!

And THE Coolest shoes in the entire world. I can't wait to wear them!!!

I went home last night thinking about how truly blessed I am to have all of these amazing people in my life. It's not just about getting great stuff (which I did, because my presents were effing awesome this year) but also about all of these people care about me so much that they wanted to make my day special. And that means more to me than any gift (although I'm not giving any of them back... sooo...)

It was an amazing day. And then just like that... it was over... almost as quick as it came.
So... another 366 days until the next one.
Except for at the next one... I will be a married woman.
Craziness!

2 comments:

  1. I love your shoes! Those are awesome! I love getting scratch tickets too! Especially when they are winners! Glad that you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally missed your big day! So sorry! Love love love the gifts!!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...