Monday, December 12, 2011

Weekend News and Wedding Shoes

This weekend was a pretty low-key one. Which was nice... seeing as how the next two weekends are going to be insanely crazy. Soo... it was nice not to run around like a chicken without a head.

On Saturday I met up with L and her (not so) Little Man and we went shopping. It isn't every four year old's dream to go shopping with two women all day, but he handled it like a champ. Although it may or may not have involved a lot of pretending to be eaten by dinosaurs.

L was under strict instructions not to let me buy anything. I had no money. (Not that it ever stopped me) However, when I told her this, I completely forgot that we were planning on heading to "Shoes to Dye For" to check out some wedding shoe possibilities.

We walk in and I immediately gravitate towards these shoes:

Because as we all know... I have expensive taste. It isn't my fault. It is just what catches my eye. These were $399. L said no before the word came out of my mouth. (At least I know that if I somehow managed to be high enough to think I could afford $400 shoes, she would have stopped me. However, I am not high and therefore rational when it comes to show purchases).

Then I found these babies:
These are crazy close to the Steve Madden shoes that I fell in love with from Pink Lou Lou's blog. (I couldn't find the actual post, but I wanted to give her credit with my obsession). When I found these... I knew they were perfect. They were satin. Without a huge heel. And rhinestones (also please note that the rhinestones go all the way down the heel too). Check, check, and check.

And to make things better... they are coordinated with David's Bridal, so they are going to be able to color match them exactly to the color of the bridesmaid dresses. Plus, they were actually pretty comfortable. I walked around the store for awhile to make sure they were just comfortable at first and then deadly.

So that is the story of how I found my wedding shoes. Done! They said it would be 7-12 days before they were in. I'm DYING to see them. EEK! I can't wait to wear them, I think the red is going to look killer with my dress. And the girls are all wearing black shoes so mine would stand out (ya know... in case anyone got confused who the person in the wedding dress was). 

Also, I ordered our Save the Dates yesterday. They probably won't be here until the end of the month, but I am still super excited about them. They don't have skulls on them. And they aren't magnets (like I had originally wanted) but, I love them all the same. So I'm glad I have those crossed off my list too.

AND we are going to pick out the tuxes on Wednesday, since our cool little coupon expires at the end of the month. I'm feeling quite accomplished. (Slowly watching our savings account disappear... but accomplished).

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend and that your Mondays don't suck so bad.

2 comments:

  1. CUTE shoes!! You have great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! Love it. My BFF wore plum color shoes with her dress and it was gorgeous! And great for the pictures too.

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...