Friday, January 13, 2012

Firm Fridays: Week Two

Week 2.

Wow. That flew by.

As you learned last week, my sponsor Kristen started doing Firm Fridays. It is a way to track progress and hold yourself accountable for the week prior.

As you also already know, I'm full of excuses. I can talk my way out of a paper bag (what the eff does that even mean?). And I lie to myself. Constantly.

BUT... I can't lie to you all. Sooo... I tried to keep it honest.

After Friday, I did nothing. And I mean nothing until Monday. It was a busy weekend and I just decided not to worry about it. Whatevs.

On Monday, half way through the day, I decided I was going to start doing the Couch to 5K. To be honest Shannon was my inspiration. She did it and said she hated running as much as I do. So, I figured why the hell not. I have a gym at work, but we are moving to a new building in June and it is a very real possibility that I will have to sign up for a gym then. I want to be one of those awesome people you see rocking it out on the treadmill.

So... I did it. At lunch, everyone went out for Chinese food and I said no. I stayed at work by myself and had a salad. I said I have to make these changes sometime. And I felt so good about myself, that when I went home, I actually went back to Friday's post and put up before pictures...and my stats! EEK!

The next morning, I was feeling super self-conscious when I noticed someone had commented on it. I had put the stats up late hoping no one would notice (although I just sold myself out there) and all I could picture in my head, was some BIATCH commenting on how much of a fat swine I am and talking about why did it take me so long to do something about it.

But... I was surprised to see this!


Soo... I kept at it. I logged all of my calories into MyFitnessPal and kept it real. I changed my habits (for now) and I went back to the gym Tuesday and Wednesday and completed week one of Couch to 5K.

Yesterday was hard since I had a billion hour meeting and I knew I wouldn't get to the gym. And there would be bad food for me and open bar at night. BUT... I stayed under my goal (it's amazing how many calories you can save by barely eating and only drinking! hahaha)

This morning... I woke up and said to myself, "Self...you kicked ass this week and it is OK if you didn't lose any weight. You made lots of changes and I'm proud of you".

And then I stopped talking to myself because the dog was looking at me funny and I threw my ass on the scale... and you know what....

I LOST 2.5 MOTHER EFFING POUNDS!!!

I know it is only week one. And I have a lot more to go. More battles to fight. BUT... that was an amazing motivator to see. Sooo... YAY!

Happy Friday Everyone! From, The slightly skinnier ME!

Smooches.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! OMG that's amazing!!! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I linked up too! Can't wait to follow along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is AWESOME! I started a Couch 2 5K last week too but I didn't lose any weight. I blame Mother Nature fo that though. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations!! this is so exciting!
    thank you for entering my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...