Friday, January 6, 2012

Firm Fridays: The Beginning




When Kristen decided she was going to do Firm Fridays, I knew I was in for multiple reasons.

1. We all know that I have been failing attempting to drop some of those good 'ole lbs.

2. I am the Queen of making up bullshit excuses to MYSELF for why I did or didn't do something, and this will hold me accountable.

3. We all know white is NOT slimming and I will be walking down the aisle in T-minus 8ish months. And NO ONE wants to see back boobs on a bride.

aaaaand last but not least...

4. If Kristen thinks her skinny ass needs to get in shape... then I think I am on the verge of a fatty intervention. Soooo.... here we are.

I know my weight... and roughly my measurements. However, seeing as how it is only 9:30 in the morning I am not drunk enough to share them with the cyber world. Maybe by 10:30 when the schnapps have kicked in... (I kid... I kid.). I know them though, so at least I am not lying to myself.

I have done pretty well this week. I started with attacking my calorie intake. I figured with the week I have been having, baby steps was the best route. (Plus, I quit the gym because they are a-holes soooo I'm trying to figure out a back-up plan). I went back to using MyFitnessPal and have been keeping track. So far, so good.

I haven't gone over my calories once this week. Thanks to running around like a chicken without a head and minor self-control. Yesterday, was my proudest day. The boss took us out for Chinese food and I indulged a bit, but not a lot. Then I made a healthy dinner and still had enough calories left over for this beauty:

With one calorie to spare. This made the sobbing mess formerly known as me more comfortable whilst losing my shit watching Grey's last night.

I have also decided that instead of my beloved Ugg boots (don't judge, I live in New England land of snow and wet bottoms of pants. They are a magical gift from heaven!) I am going to take the money Big A was going to spend and put it towards an Xbox Kinect. They have a bunch of great exercise games so I feel like I won't get bored. Plus, they have a calorie counter on Dance Central 2 so I can work on my fitness while getting my swagger back.

So I'm making strides. I'll go home and have a couple drinks and take a before picture to add to this post.

I'm just hoping this all sticks this time so I can finally get back to liking the way I look. Maybe Kristen will agree to be my Pudgys Anonymous sponsor. I can cry to her on the phone while she tells me to put down the donut.

Aaand that's all for today. Happy Friday people! If one of your New Year's Resolutions was to get your ass back in shape. Head on over to Kristen's blog and link up with us. At the very least you will get to experience everything that is KLaw and wonder if you will ever have a kid as cute as hers. Win - Win I say!


BEFORE
THE BEGINNING

Stats:

Weight: 182
Thigh: 25"
Hip: 42"
Waist: 40.5
Bust: 39"
Arm: 13.5

2 comments:

  1. You are too funny! I'll be your sponsor any day! We're going to get this shit on lock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally joining you this Friday. You rock! :)

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...