Thursday, February 9, 2012

Missing You...

I've been pretty non-existent this week. I'm well aware.

I've been spending most of my spare time in a hospice unit visiting with my grandfather.

Soaking up every last minute with him.

And yesterday, I was there. Telling him I love him. Holding onto him. Telling him we would all miss him like crazy, but we would be OK.

That it was time to go home to be with his wife.

Yesterday, I sat there holding on to him as he took his last breathes.

I'm feeling a little heartbroken today.

The world lost a great man. A great man.

A proud Father and Grandfather. A World War II Veteran. An amazingly strong man, up until his last breath.

RIP Grandy. We will miss you.

Never forgotten. Forever in our hearts.

3 comments:

  1. I am soo soo sorry for your loss.
    My sincere condolences to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. My thoughts are with you guys during this difficult time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so sorry to hear about this - keeping you in my positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...