Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Our Love Story: FMTM Link-up


Wanna gush about your SO? Head on over to Becky's blog and link-up!

How long have you and your significant other been together? 
Forever. Not long enough. It depends on the day for how it FEELS. In realistic times though. A little over four and a half years. It will be five in May.
How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
Big A and I met at a 50th birthday party. It was for the uncle of some friends of ours. He was friends with the older brother and I was friends with the younger sister. And I'm pretty sure there was some fate in there too. You can read the real story here.

If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}Not married...yet. According to my OCD wedding countdown... 7 months and 8 days... GULP.
If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?
We will be getting married at a local hotel. We really wanted it to be one stop shopping. We didn't want people to have to run around to find the next place to go. The wedding is...well...medium. It is currently bigger than we originally wanted, but we haven't sent out invitations yet, so who knows what the final number is. But... we also didn't realize how big our group of friends and family is...sooo... that's kind of our fault.

Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!I come up with a new nickname all the time. Babe, Bubs, Bub Bubs, Honey Bunny, Buns, Sweet Cheeks, etc. etc. Mostly just to be nauseatingly annoying. Mostly I call him Moose.
Name 3 things you love most about your honey.His passion. His sense of humor. His ambition. He is truly an amazing man. I never have to worry much when he is around because I know he's got me. Plus... the fact that I can 100% myself around him is a GIGANTIC plus too!

Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?Big A proposed on May 12, 2011 on our 4 year Anniversary. He proposed at home with just the two of us and our dog there. It was one of the most perfect experiences in my life. It was truly a magical moment. If you want the WHOLE scoop, here's the full story of how it all went down: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
 
Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?Every Valentine's Day Big A gets me an incredible card (he's an amazing card giver, he always find the perfect one), a dozen red and white roses, and we have a special dinner at home. Then either the weekend before or after, he takes me out to a romantic dinner (we can't stand the V-Day crowds).

Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
I'm both to be honest. There are certainly some days/moods that I would want to be on a beach and some days/moods where I would be perfectly content with just sitting together on the couch and watching a move (well... maybe more so if we had a bigger couch).
Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant other one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
Honestly, at this point, I want to go on our Honeymoon to Florida. We have never been on a big trip together, Big A has never been on a plane, and we have never gone away for longer than two nights, so I'm excited that the first time we will be doing this will be as Husband and Wife. If all goes well with Big A's first plane ride (i.e. I can get him on one again) I would love to go to Ireland. He has family from there and I have family that lives there, so I think that it is important that he visits a place where our roots are so strong. I've been a few times, but I would LOVE to go back with my husband.
Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
We plan on doing what we do every year. I will make a delicious dinner of Crab Legs, rice, and veggies. We will pull out the dinner table which we eat on this one day a year ONLY (there's not a lot of room in our apartment for it) and just spend
the night with just the two of us... and a begging dog.
Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
I never ask for anything for Valentine's Day. I think the day is more about spending time with the one you love and putting that above anything else for the day. I feel like it is the one day that you can put it as your top priority above work, bills, stress, life, etc. I just want my handsome man, that's all.

Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love. Honestly, people go back and forth talking about how your significant other shouldn't be your best friend, that it isn't healthy. I think that A) Your significant other should most definitely be your best friend; B) You can have more than one best friend; and C) They shouldn't be your ONLY friend. I can say honestly, that Big A is one of my best friends. I genuinely have an amazing time when we are together. I think that sometimes in a relationship, that passionate love can be stronger at times than others. If you don't have that friendship to fall back on sometimes, I think it would be hard.

Also, for the most part... you have to be absolutely crazy about them... otherwise... what is the point? Why settle for anything less than all consuming, butterflies in your stomach, sweaty palms, heart pitter-pattering love? Life is just too short.
 
Show us a picture of what love means to you.
This is love...
Having someone that I can laugh and smile with...
Having someone who I can be silly and be ME with...


 Having someone that can make you the happiest person alive with just one simple question...
Having someone love my dog as much as I do...  unconditionally... 
And having someone that I fall in love with all over again, every time I look into his eyes.

6 comments:

  1. My now-husband also proposed on our 4-year anniversary - it must be a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute story and great pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that he gets you something special every year and that he takes the time in deciding which card to get! hubs usually gets me...something that makes him laugh! haha

    great answers! love all the pics

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you said about "they should be your best friend but not your ONLY best friend" I don't think a lot of people understand that concept hah

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your story! you two look like such a fun couple and good luck on your wedding day sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The two of you are such a fabulous couple! I was really inspired by your love story. :') God bless the both of you.

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...