Thursday, February 23, 2012

Our Tasting

Last night we had our tasting.

Ya know... the tasting for the wedding.

The one that is the cause of time going into fast-forward. Next time I blink it will probably be my wedding day.

Eek!

I mean, this is all very exciting, but EEK!

I kind of freaked out a little about the tasting. I'm not going to lie. I have no clue as to what the hell was my problem, but the coordinator soon put a glass of wine in my hand and all was right in the world again.

Love her.

They had actually switched coordinators randomly on me. I'm sure you remember me bitching and moaning about it. I don't like change. I especially don't like it when people don't take the 5 seconds out of their time to give me a heads up about it.

Whatever.

Water under the bridge.

Why?

Because she is effing awesome. Seriously. LOVE her. I'm so glad, because if she was a psycho hose beast then I probably would have had to lay the smack down on SOMEBODY and got this situation fixed...ASAP.

Because I'm gangsta like that.

Anywho... so... my parental units came, as well as Big A's. We all sat down in this cozy little room and they brought out food, food, and more food. And wine. There was lots of wine.

And OH MY GOD, is everything absolutely delicious. I'm soo happy. There was some stuff that was so good we haven't chosen what we want yet. We couldn't. Both of the options were just so good.

We got a lot of stuff done though, which was good. We picked most of the menu. The linens. The chair cover sashes. How we want the tables. Etc. Etc.

It was also nice for everyone to get to see the space. If you remember how our first venue blew up in our faces and the woman who owned it turned into a psycho biatch, then you remember we had quite the scramble to find a new place. We were set on the time of year that we wanted and everywhere was filling up so quick. I had more than one venue that laughed at me on the phone when I asked what their availability was. A simple, we are all booked up would have been good enough... jerk.

So, I was the only one who went to see this venue. Yep. That's right. I went there. I scoped it out. I talked with the coordinators. Took pictures. Asked questions. Tore apart their contract until it was exactly how I wanted it. I did it all. By myself. I mean I'm sure I could have got someone to go with me, but we all know that I'm an impatient a-hole, sooo it needed to be done... like yesterday.

Luckily everyone liked it. I mean... not that they had a choice because everything was already settled, but still.

Sooo... we checked that off the list. Another thing down. THANK... GOD...

A million more to do. Ug.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! that's a big thing off your to-do list! way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to go through your wedding tab and get caught up on all of the details. I only found your blog a month ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! How exciting! That is such a huge task to complete and I am excited for you that it turned out so well. And can I just say that the Psycho Hose Beast/Wayne's World reference just made my day! It just happens to be my fave movie and my fave scene from that movie, haha!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...