Monday, February 13, 2012

The Past Few Days

It has been a few days. But I think I am ready to be back writing.

I tried to write so many times over the past few days, but nothing came out that felt right. I wanted to write about something else. Something happy. ANYTHING else, other than what I had been going through. But it never felt right.

So... here I am.

I've been keeping busy the past few days. Thursday I did what any normal person would do and spent 6 straight hours cleaning my apartment. Big A said it looked like we just moved in. I can't believe how gross some things can get and you don't even notice.

Friday, I went to work, because what else was there to do. The house was already spotless. I didn't do much. I met up with J$ for lunch and the puttered around the rest of the day.

Saturday Ma Dukes and I met up for our usual Saturday activities. We drank coffee and shopped. I bought way too much stuff and we weren't even there to get anything for me. Oy. I did manage to find most of the bridesmaid jewelry, so that was mighty productive.

Saturday night, we went over J & N's house for a very grown-up dinner. Jack-ums and Hubby B were there along with J$ and Ry-dizzle. We were all sitting at the table together in N & J's gorgeous new house. It all felt very grown-up. I almost wanted to start a food fight just to feel a little better about myself.

Sunday, Big A and I did the normal. Slept in WAY past when we should. It was glorious. We went out for brunch and then were mighty productive with making a schedule of when we will be doing some important wedding stuff. I figured if we mutually agreed upon dates then he wouldn't be able to throw temper tantrums when I wanted to do them. I've learned with Big A that if you tell him he has to do something, it will never get done. You have to let him do it on his own time. So, I figured having him agree to dates would be the best way. This way, we get our shit done, and hopefully no fighting.

We'll see how that goes.

Speaking of the wedding. We hit the half-way mark. Last Wednesday. 7 months engaged (almost) and 7 months until the wedding. It was a bittersweet feelings. My phone went off minutes after my grandfather passed away. With an update from The Knot saying "7 MONTHS TO GO". It was hard... knowing that he wouldn't be there.

BUT, I can feel a little bit better knowing that he is at peace now. And that if he was still alive when the wedding came, then he definitely wouldn't have been able to come. At least now I know that he will be with my grandmother, watching together. That helps a little.

Moving along...

Sunday was spent keeping busy. Picking up the house a bit so it stayed clean. Working on some wedding stuff. Then it was time for family dinner. So Mr. Fresh and I packed up the car and headed over to my parents' house.

It was delicious. And my Nanny was there too, so it was nice to see her.

It was a nice little evening.

Now it is back to work. The last thing I wanted to do was to get out of bed this morning, but I knew I had to. I'm hoping to get back into running this afternoon. I know I won't be able to exercise for the next two days due to the services, but I think it will help me to get back on track. I'm trying to channel all of the shit that is swirling through my brain into something positive. Ma Dukes and I have a workout plan, so it will be good to get into that. Spending QT with my Mama and getting into shape.

Also, my work just started a six week weight loss challenge. The top 3 people to lose the most percentage of their weight wins $500. It is a good motivator and I could definitely use that money. So I'm going to go for it.

And yeah... that's been the past few days. I can't believe how these days have flown by. It still feels like yesterday my world fell apart.

But... I'm sure Grandi wouldn't want me lolly-gagging. He would be wanting me to get on with things. He was a no-nonsense man...well...except when he was trying to pull one over on you. Then nonsense was welcomed. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Somethings...