Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tuesday Tidbits

Work has been uber boring lately.

UBER. BORING.

It seems like only yesterday that I was tearing my hair out because work was insane and now....

Nothing.

That's the way that it goes around here. It's feast or famine. It would be lovely if it evened out to a steady flow of work, but that would be too easy wouldn't it.

The highlight of my work week has been that I tripped over air in the hallway and of course this guy that I tease all the time was right behind me. So he has had a field day with walking by my desk and pretending to trip.

I told him that it is tough walking in high heels and he can judge me when he's done it. So he came in this morning and told me that I was right, it is tough walking in high heels. I'm sure he's joking, but the mental picture just might get me through this ridiculous week.

I'm off to Columbus next week. Which is pretty exciting and terrifying at the same time.

I haven't seen the people I work with in Columbus in awhile and I'm excited to see them all. But, we all know what a gigantic baby I am travelling alone.

At least I stopped crying on the planes and now reserve that for when I am in my hotel room alone. Oy.

Big A is less than pleased. He is also less than pleased that I probably have to go back at the end of March as well. He's not a fan of my travelling.

I think it is a mixture between he has to take care of Mr. Fresh all by himself, when I mainly do the brunt of it; he has to fend for himself because the food and cleaning fairy stops showing up; and partly because I'm sure he genuinely misses me.

I miss him like crazy too. But I also think it is good for our relationship to have that time apart. I mean, normally, I'm home when he comes home. He knows I'm there. I don't do much during the week, other than Tuesdays with L and the occasional night out with a friend. I'm a bum. I like hanging out at home. I think it is good for us that every so often I'm not there. Ya know.

Keeps anyone from taking the other for granted. Makes us miss each other a little bit more. Spend some extra time together when I come home because we haven't seen each other. It's nice.

So that should be fun.

Other than that, there isn't a whole lot going on. Which I'm pretty excited about. With everything that we have to do for the wedding coming up, I think I am going to attempt to enjoy this slow-ish time.

Although, we are registering this weekend and I am UBER excited about that. I mean when else do you get to pick out exactly what you want for presents (other than when you have a baby, but that stuff is for THEM)? I mean it is a little weird. I feel like I'm saying "hey you, I'm getting married so you have to buy me this" but... we aren't going to go too crazy so I won't feel bad.

I'm allowing myself one little treat and I am registering for a hot pink stand mixer.


I've never had one and I've always wanted one. And it is hot pink. Seriously? Who wouldn't want it.

We've been living together for 2 1/2 years, so there really isn't much that we need. But it should be fun. Hopefully Big A is in a happy, cooperating mood. Maybe I'll bring a flask just to keep him entertained. Hahah. JK... kinda.

Anywho... that's all for today lovahs. I'm off to pretend like I am working diligently until it is quitting time.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh... I love the hot pink! I saw on a blog the other day where a lady had cute baking decals made for her mixer.

    Happy Registering!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we registered it took everything I had not to scan the tag for this puppy. I was literally drooling over it in Williams Sonoma! I love the color and I will make it mine one day, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kayleigh I just read about what your did for Kristen at "First Name Smith" and I just wanted to tell you how wonderful that was. Thanks for restoring my faith in humanity today! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...