Monday, March 19, 2012

Half-Assed Weekend Recap

This weekend was a fun one. Relatively low key, but fun.

I'm not in the mood to write out a whole huge thing (since A: I have nothing too exciting to write about and B: my computer is being a giant piece of crap and I am trying to fix it)

  • Friday, we layed low. After some serious BS at work I was all done with the week and just needed a night to relax. We were super adventurous and ordered take-out and I think we were in bed by 11:30. Rock stars.
  • Saturday, was a busy one. Ma Dukes and I have been working out on Saturday mornings. It works out really well since I help her actually go to the gym (since we all know who the hell wants to work out on a Saturday and since I get to use her fancy gym because I'm too cheap to get my own membership). So we rocked the gym and kicked some ass. We then followed it up with a healthy lunch, a low cal coffee from Starbucks, and some Target shopping. Honestly, AMAZING start to the day.
  • Then, I RACED home, cleaned off the smell of stench on me (I know sweating is a good thing, but it is still SO gross) and then headed out with N to get some St. Patty's Day decorations. Except, everybody else and their mother had already bought them all. So we sucked. Boo. I then convinced her that her blood sugar was low and she needed food. So we stopped at McDonald's. I ordered French Fries for moral support. I'm such a good friend.
  • We got back to N's house. Finished up some stuff, and then spent the rest of the night drinking green beer and hanging out by the bonfire. Lovely way to end the day.
  • Sunday, Big A and I attempted to get some wedding stuff done. I mean this thing ain't going to plan itself. But, we weren't seeing eye to eye and we abandoned the plans for the day. I often forget that although sometimes we are completely in sync and agree, that other times, we aren't and that's OK. Just a bummer. Nothing catastrophic/
  • Sunday night was spent at The Rents house for family dinner. We had a lovely creation of something my mother saw on a cooking show that morning and some good laughs. Pa Dukes was sorely missed as he was off gallivanting with his racing buddies in New York. But, it was still a good time.
  • Now, it is Monday. I have to bust my ass this week, as it is the last one of the weight loss challenge. I have only lost 3%, but then again, how much percentage can you really lose in 6 weeks? We shall just have to wait and see how it turns out.
I hope you all had a fabulous weekend as well. And that your Monday doesn't suck too much.

Smooches.

1 comment:

  1. Finish out this last week with a bang!! And you are a really good friend for getting the french fries. I would have got the Oreo McFlurry but I'm a REALLLLYYY good friend. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...