Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Jillian Michaels Review... Peppered with Some Good Old Fashioned Whining!

It’s no secret around here that I’m working on bringing sexy back.
I mean… not that it ever left… it is just hiding. Ya know. Like a weird game of hide ‘n seek.
Anyway…
I found out last Thursday that Jillian Michaels was coming out with a kickboxing DVD.
Now, I love me some JM and I love me some kickboxing (despite Big A’s statement of, “I didn’t think you were the kickboxing type”… still a little hurt by that one). So, I HAD to have it. I couldn’t find it available in any of the stores around here (at least it wasn’t listed as being in stock) since it JUST came out, so I ordered it from Amazon.
It was like $12-something with shipping. Whatever. I would have paid more in gas driving around my huge mammoth of a vehicle to find it.
I anxiously awaited its arrival… and yesterday… it FINALLY CAME.




Beautiful, isn’t it?
I had planned my workouts around it, so I was uber excited that it came yesterday otherwise I was screwed. (Or I could have done one of the 18 billion other JM DVDs that I own, but we all know that’s not as much fun).
The DVD has 3 parts to it. The first one focuses on the upper body. The second one focuses on the lower body. And the third one is a core workout. All with kickboxing all worked in.
I started with the upper body workout. I liked that there were more girls this time so it wasn’t the dinky blonde girl doing the weak ass workout and then the freakshow girl who was going balls to the wall like in her kettle bell video. (Which I love…but still…)
I also loved the fact that the girls all actually looked like I felt. Out of breath. Sweaty. You name it.
Right about the time that I was starting to huff and puff, she said it was time for a cool down. Now, I don’t know if I am just more in shape now and I can do her workouts a little easier, or if she went easy on us. I mean… it was still a good workout. And quick. Each one is 20 minutes each. Which sounds like nothing, but don’t worry, she uses her time wisely.
I then decided that maybe I should see how I feel the next day before I did another one. Because bad ass me had previously decided that I was going to do two. I decided that I wasn’t going to let JM win this one and finish gloriously. So I stopped.
I also had 100 sit-ups and 50 push-ups to do for my weekly challenge on MyFitnessPal (a friend of mine has been giving out weekly challenges, it has been pretty fun!), so I decided that was enough for one day.
Which was good for two reasons.
Reason # 1:

This is my screen on MyFitnessPal last night before I ate dinner. I have worked out so much that I almost cancelled out my entire day of eating so far (and my after workout protein shake). Sooo… I really didn’t need to do THAT much more.
And #2…
I hurt. Not bad. But, I can definitely feel it. In my chest, my arms, my back. A nice steady burn.
So, I think I will be OK with just doing one at a time.
Although now I think I sound like a weenie. So… we will see.
Overall rating for Miss. Jillian?
I’d give her an A.
But I haven’t done the other two workouts yet, so that is a temporary score.
And that’s all I have for you today. Well… except for the fact that I slept like shit again last night. BOOO. And I’m tired of waking up every day with some part of my body hurting. But, no pain no gain right?
OOF!

*Update:* I did the Core workout last night. And seriously thought I was going to vomit. Or pass out. Or both. Geez Jillian... you win again Biatch!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review! I love love love JM videos. They always woop my butt!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...