Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Schmohio Updates

Hello my lovelies!

It's me, your favorite gal, reporting all the way from delightful Ohio.

And yes, I'm already homesick. Wah.

Today wasn't bad. (Or yesterday rather by the time you are reading this).

Relatively uneventful flight, minus the two small children next to me periodically screaming bloody murder. But, I felt bad for the mother travelling by herself so I tried to help as much as I could. Which was really only me picking up the markers that fell, but I hope I helped a little.

The girl was so cute though, she kept yelling, "But I don't even LIKE this plane. I just want to go hooooome."

I try not to get too upset with kids when I am travelling because I believe in karma. And I usually get it back ten fold. Instantly. And since it is physically impossible for me to immediately birth a defiant toddler if I roll my eyes at some poor Mother, I'm pretty sure that it would just add up and wait for it.

Anywho. Relatively uneventful.

I caught up on some work when I came into town, because I'm important like that. Then I had some training, which went pretty well. And then I had a dinner scheduled with a group of people I didn't really know. I thought that it was only going to be a few people, but it turned into almost 20 and I was quite overwhelmed.

I can work a room. I can be the life of a party. But sit 20 people at the same table and try to get a conversation in with anyone but those sitting immediately near you? Impossible.

So, unfortunately I mostly spent the night quiet. It was really the first time since I have been with this company that I didn't feel like I belonged. It probably has a lot to do with all the insanity that is going on, but it really just feels like another nail in my coffin.

Morbid. Sorry.

So, after my awkward dinner (me, not them) I went back to my hotel with some of the people I am here with for the training. And they all went to the bar. Well, by the time I changed out of my shoes into sneakers, I was stuck sitting at the end of the bar by myself. Which continued my social awkwardness.

So, I decided that rather than continue to act like a fucking weirdo then I would just politely excuse myself. Which I did. I changed into my workout gear and headed to the gym.

Which was almost closed. So I only had like 25 minutes. And I haven't run in a week. And I had a stomach cramp. And my damn shin splints pain came back with a vengeance. And I STILL felt fucking awkward, so I just stopped after 20 minutes and went back to my room and continued my weak ass workout there.

Today was kind of a bust.

I don't know. I guess I just kind of feel lost already and apparently being out of state by myself doesn't help that. Shocking.

Anywho, I'm going to stop filling up your day with my whines and head to bed.

Tomorrow is a new day. And if I can make it through the god awful training, I have a dinner date with two fabulous women. And hopefully the gym, earlier than 30 minutes before closing and preferably without debilitating stomach/shin pain.

And while I think of it. Anyone have any info on shin splints. Tried to change how I ran. Tried different shoes. Tried a break from running. Tried ice and Tylenol. They just come back when I get active again. It is killing my flow. Seriously. Anyone who can help gets a big fat kiss from me. Or a hand shake. Or a thank you note written by a socially awkward semi-professional.

Ug. Someone save me from myself please.

1 comment:

Little Somethings...