Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sometimes You Just Got to Call Bullshit...

I didn't write yesterday, because my mother taught me that if you didn't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.

Not that I particularly follow this piece of advice often, but seeing as how what I might have spouted off yesterday could very possibly get me fired... I decided to leave well enough alone and let the anger simmer.

But it hasn't. There's some complete bullshit going down and it's pretty fucking ridiculous. I'm younger than most of the people I work with, so I envisioned none of them taking me seriously since they probably think I'm an inexperienced idiot, but I guess I never thought that I would be taken straight back to some high school bullshit.

Whatever.

I'm not here to make friends. And I'm not here to play games. That's the bottom line. I am here to pay my bills, put a roof over my head, help pay for my wedding, and help build a life for me and my future husband. That's all.

Can't win them all I suppose.

So, needless to say, I am in a particularly sour mood today. Not exactly a huge fan. Big A and I went out to dinner to one of my favorite restaurants last night to try and chill me out... which worked about as long as the lobster ravioli was on my plate... which wasn't long.

I'm just so frustrated. I can't stand situations that are completely out of my control. At least if it was FAIR I could rationalize that, but it isn't.

Life isn't fair.

Boy were they right about that one.

OK... let's move on. Because I'm getting pretty pissed...

So yeah... Big A and I made a break through last night. We LOVE this restaurant Dino's near our house. They have THE most amazing Lobster Ravioli that I have ever tasted in my entire life. We seriously just go there for it. I mean... Big A tried different things on the menu, but I go there for one thing. Lobster Ravioli.

However... Big A and I have a history of fighting on the days that we plan on going to Dino's. It goes like this:

Step 1: "Hey you want to go to Dino's on Wednesday?"
          "Ummm.... obviously!"

It is now Wednesday night...

Step 2: Some starts some bullshit fight that doesn't make sense and no one can remember how it happened.

Step 3: Spend the rest of the night not talking and lobster ravioli-less.

Step 4: Pout.

After that we would usually just randomly pick a day to go on a whim And just go before anyone could start anything.

But this week we decided that we are almost married grown-ups and that we will do just fine. And we did.

So, I claim this one small step for K & Big A and one GIANT leap for Lobster Ravioli.

Yuuuuummmmm.....

4 comments:

  1. Okay now you have me craving some!

    Sorry work is shitty. people are assholes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds delicious! Sorry about the crap going on at work. It always amazes me how people can be complete assholes. Hope everything works out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you guys are too cute... glad you came up with a great plan for getting your lobster ravi!

    i'm sorry work is being crappy... i posted the other day that sometimes the best thing about work is that my chair swivels... truth

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh that work thing sounds annoying, sorry you have to be thinking about that now.

    I couldn't find an email for you so I apologize leaving this here in the comments. I don't know if you have a videographer already but I'm spreading the word about a contest that Storymix Media will be having beginning next week in search of a Storymix Blogger and the chance to win a free video package! I think this would be such a great contest for you! If you want more details you can email me info@lauraandchristopher.com or find details about it on my personal blog on Monday.

    Hope your week is getting better!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...