Friday, April 6, 2012

Firm Friday / Wedding Ish

Hello Lovers.

Oh what a glorious Friday. I feel like I earned this Friday.

This week damn near killed me.

BUT, I live on.

On the fitness front, I've been doing pretty well. My attempt to shock my body back into action by spending two weeks at 1400 calories and then going back to 1200 seems like a big fat fail. I feel like it is too early to hit a plateau. BUT, I've been eating crap and doing the same workout over and over, so it seems pretty standard.

Yesterday, I FINALLY moved on from the two 10 minute intervals for the Couch to 5K. Yeah... the 9 week program wasn't working for me. I'm STILL working on it. But alas, I have made progress. I just got on that damn treadmill and ran. By the time I was ready to give up, I only had 3 minutes left. I told myself the pain was temporary and that if I already ran for 17 minutes, then I could do 2 more.

Also... I shaved about a minute and a half off my mile time from Monday to Thursday. I don't know if it will stick around, but at least I know I am capable. I am well on my way to being able to RUN a 5K.

Haven't really lost anything in 2 weeks. I'm still impressed that I didn't GAIN anything in Ohio. That is a feat all in its own. Word.

I know that I need to get to the grocery store and stock up on healthy foods so I can get back on the horse. I feel like my body has been changing, but don't have any proof, the numbers are the same. But, I feel great!

I'm looking forward to Easter this weekend. PRAYING for nice weather. I'm excited that I get to see a bunch of Big A's family that I haven't seen since Christmas. Crazy to think how much is going to change between last Christmas and the one this year. Big A and I married. His cousin is having a baby in July. Big changed people. Big changes.

On the wedding front, I ordered our invitations last night. I can't even tell you how strange it is to see your name on them. It was unreal. Kelli and I checked 8,000 times for mistakes and I don't think that we did any. Crossing fingers that they turn out as beautiful as the sample. Otherwise, heads will roll.

I'm beyond pleased with our choice and I think that they will go perfectly with the feel that we are going for. I can't wait to show them!

I also know that I need to get my behind in gear on some other things. I need to pick out my ring. We need to do our cake tasting. AND we need to book our honeymoon. Hopefully we can get those done between now and Mayish.

I need to get started on the DIY projects that I want to do. So, I should probably get those in motion. I want everything done before I send out the invitations, so all I need to worry about after that is seating charts and place cards.

SHIT... I need to do the table cards too...

I love when you think you are almost done and then you remember the 8,000 things that you still have to do. Oh the joys of wedding planning.

Anyways, that's all I have for today. I have a fabulous lunch date with Miss Jess so I should probably get some work done before that.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for getting the invites ordered! I hope the wording on ours helped you. I can't wait to see them! You will think that you are close to being done and then you will realize a million things that you still have to do. I think it is Wedding Planning's way of bitch slapping all of us in the face for thinking that we are ahead, haha!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...