Thursday, April 12, 2012

Jumble Jumble

You ever have one of those weeks where you keep looking around for someone to jump out from behind the bushes and yell "PSYCHE!" (remember Psyche... from the 90's... coolest catch phrase ever).

Yeah... welcome to my week. It's like a complete other dimension. Another planet. Straight bat shit craziness.

But... on the bright side... today it Thursday...so I only have today and tomorrow and then it is the glorious weekend again.

Because Lord knows I need me some weekend.

Today our new COO (Chief Operating Officer) is coming to visit our office. He is in from Ohio and is making is rounds to see how we do things in good 'ole Massachusetts.

I've met him before, when he was a General Manager and he seems really nice. But, of course, everyone seems a lot less scary when they aren't your boss' boss. Yowzas.

So, I spent extra time making sure that I look presentable today. I might even clean my desk. I don't want to go overboard in the presentation, because I know my boss will notice that I'm not a hot mess at the current second and tease me for it. He's such a great guy! Haha.

It is unfortunate that this is the day that he decided to come in the office. Because as N told me, I need to get ridiculously wasted. It shall have to wait N, it shall have to wait.

That's the part that sucks about being a grown-up. Gone are the days that you can just drink your problems away and then call out of work the next day due to your massive hangover.

Although, for the most part... I used to just go into work hungover. Good plans. I enjoy punishing myself. I always figured that if I was enough of an idiot to drink that much on a work night then I needed to suffer through the day. Although, I've never met a hangover that a Starbucks coffee and breakfast sandwich, paired with Dominos thin crust pizza for lunch, couldn't cure. I'd be feeling like a million bucks by 5 PM and then was ready to do it again.

Good life choices.

Have I officially made you feel like I'm an alcoholic? Because I swear I'm not. Funny thing is that this week is alcohol awareness week at work, and I find myself talking about drinking more. Good timing. I'm pretty sure my intervention is schedule for tomorrow afternoon. Maybe they will do it at the end of the day so I can get a drink after. Heh.

Anywho... in unrelated non-drinking news, I got an e-mail saying that the invitations will be here Monday. I texted Big A to tell him there is no turning back now. Because if he wasn't sure before, the fact that our names are printed on a piece of paper makes it final. Sorry Big A, you snooze you lose. You are going to be looking at this mean mug for the rest of ya LIFE!

I feel like I am making good progress which is wonderful. I'm still working on my healthy plan and am currently down 12 pounds. Who knew I had it in me to do it, but it was in there somewhere I guess. I am almost at my halfway point and I have about 18 pounds to go. I remember when the full 30 pounds seemed so daunting and now it seems totally doable. And honestly, I have Kristen to thank for kicking my ass. I never would have started this if it wasn't for her Firm Fridays. I swear I'm going to buy her a present when I lose the full 30. She kept me honest and I appreciate it.

Other than that, I am looking forward to going to Mrs. C's baby shower this weekend. It will be great to see everyone, plus I just can't get over her belly, so it will be fun to see that too. I plan on bringing some special items with me to attempt to make Jackums go into labor. I have decided that I want to be responsible for making her go into labor. I better start researching. Anyone have any "going into labor tips" (and don't say sex because I can't and won't help her with that. I love her to death, but I have to draw a line somewhere).

And that's about it. N is capturing me and making me do manual labor at her house this weekend, which I could pretend that I mind, but I don't. It's usually fun and she's good company. Plus, I get to paint pretty things.

Alright, lovers. I'm out like a trout. Adios.

1 comment:

  1. lol I say "J/K" (really, J.K. not just kidding) alll the time. But I might try to bring psych back, it was rad!
    To bring on baby having, I'd say bring her in a bottle of hotsauce and maybe an exercise ball to bounce on. that should get something started.

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...