Monday, April 23, 2012

Slacker Reformed

There's nothing that I want to do more on a rainy day, than cuddle up in my covers, sleep in, and watch some TV.

And since it is POURING today... that seemed like the perfect idea.

Except, I've been a hardcore slacker for the past two weeks and I need to get my arse back in gear.

Seriously.

I have ran twice in the past 2 weeks. TWICE in 14 days. Way to go me!

And I've been slacking on the eating right... which was evident when I lost 0.3 pounds last week.

Oy vey.

I have my first 5K in 13 days and I need to get my butt in gear. My running has been piss poor and if I don't want to embarrass myself, then I need to get my act together.

I mean... for the most part I have been doing pretty well. I can not run longer than I ever have in my ENTIRE life. I am down 14 pounds. My old pants BARELY fit now. To the point that I just had to go out and buy new clothes so that I don't accidentally moon someone at work (which almost happened on Thursday).

That's great. Wonderful. I am so incredibly proud of myself. I have done MORE than I ever thought I was capable of. Really.

BUT... the battle ain't over friends.

I'm halfway to my goal, which means that I still have a long way to go.

I still need to train for my 5K. Get more in shape.

I'm hoping to join an actual gym soon so that I can work the machines to tone up as well, because as much as I have lost, things still jiggle. Yuck.

So, today it starts... again.

I am going to try to eat right.

Run at least 4 times this week.

AND add in some other types of work outs. I've been having a hard enough time getting my running in, and then I just leave. Which is better than nothing, but it isn't the sweat drenching, muscle burning, workout that I am looking for.

So... I am listing it here, so hopefully it keeps me honest. At the end of the week, I'm hoping to talk about how much of a rockstar that I was this week.

Which means... I need to start doing Firm Fridays again. It kept me honest because I couldn't wait to brag about how great I did... because I'm an a-hole like that.

Well my friends, those are my goals for this week. I hope you all had a fabulous weekend and your Monday is a little less rain ridden than mine!

1 comment:

  1. It has been raining big time here too! and now it's all gold... boo :( I wish you the best on your rockstar workout week! I need to get back on the firm fridays too but uh... i'm slacker mc. slackerness over here too recently. You're awesome for getting back to the working out!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...