Thursday, April 5, 2012

Wedding To Dos

Hello My Lovelies,

I somehow managed to survive my day yesterday. I have a BILLION things to catch up on, but at least it is all over. There was little to no calamity, so I would call it a success.

(Sidenote: Does anyone else use Danny Tanner's method from Full House to spell success? You double the C and double the S and you will always have SUCCESS!... no?...just me?....ok...)

Today is a very lovely day indeed. Today is the day that I order our wedding invitations!!!

I'm so very excited to do so!

I fell in love with some when we first got engaged, but as we discussed our budget, we decided we would try to go with a cheaper option. Of course, Michael's is having a sale until the 7th on their MiDesign invitations, so we are saving about $100 on them!!!

I likes me a good deal. So I couldn't pass it up. EEK!

I'm madly in love with them. I can't wait to order them and then work out all the small touches that I want to add to them. I want them to be a little unique ya know. Not just some cookie cutter thing that came from a website. But don't worry.... I've got help.

I e-mailed my coordinator for advice on wording and descriptions, and she was so fabulous to e-mail me back telling me that she was sure I would do just fine, but gave me some suggestions anyway. And I have the fabulous Kelli coming over to babysit me to make sure that I don't fluff it up.

If there is anyone who is as OCD AND craft-savvy as myself... it would be her. I'm pretty sure that we are somehow related. Or clones in different bodies.

I'm excited to get this checked off my to do list.

Not much more to go!

I can't believe that it will be 5 months on SUNDAY! I'm pretty sure that when I see that ticker on my countdown display 4 months, 30 days.... I'm going to have a heart attack.

IT. IS. SO. CLOSE!!!

But... then so far away. Big A and I can't believe how time has flown. Next month, we will have been engaged for a year! It feels like yesterday! Craziness.

The other couple things we need to do soon are: I need to pick out my ring, we need to book our honeymoon, and we need to pick out our cake. I have a style I have in mind, we just have to pick out what kind we want.

Which isn't bad.

Then I should have some downtime before I have to put the invitations together, send them out, book appointments, etc. etc.

OH... and Ma Dukes has been very insistent on the fact that I need to develop a beauty regimen before the wedding, so we don't have any surprise skin issue the day of. This was obviously not at the top of my list, but seeing as how my skin is so sensitive and I have already burned the crap out of it before ONE wedding (I was in my cousin's wedding and tried ProActive for the first time. Literally burned my skin the MORNING of the wedding. We had to go light on the make-up since my skin was so raw and my face was red and bumpy. Thankfully, it was TOO apparent in pictures. But it took a good two weeks and a couple layers of skin peeling off to return to normal. I still curse the commercials when they come on.) I think Mama is wise on that one.

So, Saturday, we are going to a skin lady and she is going to provide me with everything I need to make my skin beautiful and glowing. And if it doesn't work... well then I have a bomb ass make-up artist so... I'm sure she can work wonders.

Well... that's all of the wedding babble for today. Catch ya'll on the flip side.

1 comment:

  1. Crossing those invitations off the list of things to do was a huge relief for me. I hope it is for you too! You will feel so much better once you have them ordered and even better once you have them sent off! How exciting! I can't believe you only have 5 more months! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...