Monday, April 2, 2012

Weekend Recap

Aaand I'm back.

Given the fact that last week literally beat the living crap out of me, I decided to take a few days off. I had nothing nice to say, so I figured it was better to bitch and moan to my geographically close friends than to torture all of you lovely ladies.

This week will probably be as insane as last, but at least I'm not in Ohio for most of it, so that it s plus.

The weekend was a good one. It is Big A's Birthday today......... Happy Birthday to my handsome man! (Not that he ever reads this, but if he does, then I will get extra points!!!) so I made sure to spoil him rotten!

Well... as rotten as I could when every single penny I earn is going into the wedding fund.

Friday, I totally cheated on my diet and made tacos. They were calling to me. I couldn't help it. I figured not having the supplies in the house would make things easier. But no... I got in my car and drove to the grocery store to get everything. Apparently, my inner fat kid won that night.

Saturday, Ma Dukes and I set out to finish registering. Big A was mighty well behaved when we went to Bed Bath & Beyond and he helped with all of the big stuff, so I gave him the free pass on Target. And my lucky mother got dragged along with me. She's such a peach.

Who knew that registering with Alex would be so much easier! Keeping that woman's attention on the task at hand rather than shopping was IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Haha. I kid. I kid. She wasn't that bad. I can't say I blame her. We spent two hours walking around the entire store and looking at EVERYTHING they sold. So, really it could have been a lot worse. Good thing we skipped clothing and accessories!

Two hours and one bloody nose later (yep, I'm that cool), we were done!

We don't have a whole lot on our registries, but we have been living together for 2 1/2 years, so we have most everything that we need. Also, the other stuff that we would need we can't really buy until we are in a house because we don't know what it will look like. So, we did the best we could. Registered for some fun stuff, and that was that.

I must say, I'm glad that part is over. It is hard to get into because at first you feel bad about asking people to buy you stuff, but once you hear the first few beeps of that scanner... it's over.

You all of a sudden decide that you are going to be this crazy cupcake/dessert maker and you need all of the stuff to do it right! Which I did... because I decided that when I have a house, and a kitchen that is bigger than 2X2 then I am going to make the greatest things! And force feed them to other people, while somehow maintaining my girlish figure. True story.

Anywho... I took Big A out for his birthday Saturday night. With a couple of his friends. I was planning on doing this whole thing and going out and inviting everybody, but Big A just asked to keep it simple. So, I respected his birthday wishes and we had a lovely little dinner.

Sunday, I let Big A do is wandering thing. It WAS his birthday weekend afterall. Haha.

He went out and did some guy errands (I never know what he does when he is out driving around... I'm sure he tells me, but eh. I know at some point he was helping to fix a door handle. That's all I know) so I went to visit Prego Mego # 1.

I spent some good time catching up with Jackums and chatting about life and the arrival of her sweet baby girl. Then I supervised her walk because A) I wasn't done chatting and B) I wasn't going to let a 12 month pregnant person walk around town by herself. I had visions of her going into labor and being stuck on the side of the road. So, I tagged along.

Which just gave us more of a chance to talk. And I have to say, that girl was trucking along. I'm pretty sure that I would be permanently glued to my couch so much that they would have to use the jaws of life to get me to the hospital, but nope... there's Jackums just trucking around town like she isn't about to give birth to a baby any second. She's nuts!!!

Unfortunately, our plans for a walk to induce labor didn't work and Baby M was still quite comfortable in her little home.

Until next time Baby M... Auntie Kayleigh WILL force you out if she has too.

This was all followed by a lovely family dinner and that was it. Weekend over.

Tonight will be some more Birthday celebrations for the handsome man and then onto the week from hell. Yay!

Hope ya'll had a great weekend too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Somethings...