Monday, April 30, 2012

Weekend...Firm Monday?...and 5K Prep

T minus 6 days people.

6 Days until my FIRST 5K.

To say that I am nervous, is an understatement. I keep having dreams that my feet will barely move, like I'm trying to run through quick sand. Everyone else has finished the race and it has been hours and I still can't make it.

Freak out much?

Yikes.

I know I said that I was going to do Firm Friday, but I was too busy having a pity party for myself, so I decided to keep my melo-dramaticness to myself.

You're welcome.

Things have been good. Steadily progressing. I've been at this ish since the beginning of January and so far I have lost 14 pounds.

Unfortunately, that means that it was pretty much like a pound a week.

You know what they say. Slow and steady wins the race. OY.

BUT... 14 pounds isn't anything to scoff at. It is about halfway to my goal. And even if I don't lose everything I want to, I've still kicked some weight-losing ass.

Today, I plan on doing my first run outside. I found the course for the 5K online, so I'm going to try running it and see how I do. I am UBER bored with my workout routine, so I think it is time to try something different. I get so bored running on a treadmill. I think (hope) that it improves my time!

After the 5K, I'm going to switch up my stuff a bit. Because I am BORED. I'm also going to try the kick ass ab workout that Shannon suggested. (I'd give you the link to the post, but she's still blocked at work and genius over here left her Ipad at home). Because I need to tone like it is nobody's business!

Also, if anyone has any other routines that they like, pleae feel free to send them along. I need to tone my arms, my stomach, and my thighs. Shocking I know.

Wish me luck today. Hopefully, I don't pass out on the side of the road. That would be embarrassing.

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend. I for one spent it doing nothing really. Bridal Shower here. Lunch with Mrs. C there. I finally watched Dear John for the first time and most definitely cried my little sensitive baby eyes out!

1 comment:

  1. don't pass out!
    You'll be fine. and if you have to walk, walk it up!

    PS here's my super secret tip for running a 5k... do it with something crazy on. For my first (ook and only) one I wore a tutu. Ok yes I'm crazy and my friends laughed. but guess what... in a sea of people when I heard people cheering me on saying "Go TuTu Girl!" I totally ran. And as I approached the finish line I kinda felt liek I was going to puke. But then I thought ok no I have to run this and keep it together. and I did :)

    If tutus aren't your thing (guessing they're nobody's over the age of 5) I suggest something else to make you stand out. A crazy shirt, or whatever you have.

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...