Thursday, May 17, 2012

Falling off the Wagon

I need an intervention friends.

Seriously.

I have fallen off the healthy life wagon. Wah.

I stopped exercising for two weeks to let my leg heal. BUT, I was supposed to start again this week. Back at it again.

How am I doing?

Monday: Wasn't too bad. I did devour a chocolate chip ice cream sandwich. But I also cleaned for 5 hours, so I more than made up for those calories.

Tuesday: I had a lovely fattening chicken sandwich with bacon, cheese, and ranch dressing. Which comes in at almost 550 calories. That was just lunch. Then I had a hot dog, some BBQ chicken, steak tips, and potato salad for dinner. And wine. Oy. I didn't even enter it all into MFP.

Wednesday: Ya know... Italian Grinder. Super healthy. Then Big A and I went to Olive Garden. We got DIPPING SAUCES for our bread sticks! And I drank 2 glasses on wine. Oh wait, let's not forget the 2 packages of peanut m&ms I scarfed at my desk. MOOOOOOOOOOOO!

And you know what? I felt like shit. My stomach hurt. I felt gross. I still do, even the next day.

I mean, don't get me wrong. It was all delicious. But seriously... what is going on with me. I should just be glad that I haven't gained all 8 million pounds back!

Unfortunately I don't think that I am going to reach my goal by the wedding. I have 15 pounds left. And about 15 weeks. And we all know how hard it is to lose those last 10 pounds.

I know I should be happy that I have made it this far, but that seems like a cop out. Ya know. "I tried"? Well, I did. But not my best. Which is upsetting.

I'm trying to get back on track though. Yes again... alcoholics don't quit the hooch the first time, and apparently I can't fight off my inner fat kid entirely the first (or 8,000th time).

I'm going to the gym with N tonight. We are going to be super healthy. I have a 14 day trial (because the one at work really doesn't have anything that I want to use other than a treadmill and elliptical which both seem like they could break at any minute) so I am going to see how I like it. Hopefully, I do because N and I have a whole plan on when we are going to go.

We are going to be workout buddies. Keep each other in check. And try to fight off one another when the inevitable "wanna just stay home and drink wine" comes. I just hope we are both strong enough. Wine is pretty powerful. Haha.

So... wish me luck... again. I'm going to need it.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck!!! You at least are taking the first step! It's hard to get back on track (boy do I know!!) - but you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl, you can do this. I know they say all that crap about nothing tastes as good as thin feels, but those girls never had wine or a good dipping sauce for sure. but you have one reallly big thing coming up soon... your wedding! You want to look hawt in those pics, right? Yes you'll be all boustier'ed up, but your arms, and face, you want them to look as good as possible. i know this! keep up the working out 15 more weeks. you did awesome losing weight earlier this year... I know you can keep it up! I got your back for sure! you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel! I have been the same way. Especially after our Biggest Loser competition at work was over. Luckily I haven't gained any weight back either, but I really need to find that motivation again! I feel your pain on this subject. I hope that we can both get back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have fallen off, too. I'm back on today, which is crazy for me because I can usually only start these things on a Monday.

    Get back on, lady!! You're wedding is sooooon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You haven't fallen off the wagon, you just enjoyed a few days maybe a little too much. Don't be afraid to enter in what you really did eat, just because you didn't record it doesn't mean it didn't count. I had over 700 calories of mimosa over mothers day, and I counted it all on my fitnesspal. The bad days help you see the bigger picture, when you look at your calories over the week or month.

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...