Saturday, May 12, 2012

Five Years of Happiness, Magic, and Love

I can't believe it has been a year. An entire year since my life changed FOREVER.

This day will always hold a special place in my heart. This was the day that I met the man of my dreams.

We fell hard, we fell fast, and we never looked back.

The night I met Big A... he told me that he might as well put a ring on my finger right then because he would never find anyone else like me. And then he kept talking about marriage.

I didn't really know what to think of it then. A little hesitant, slightly scarred, and a little jaded. But I'd never heard that pick-up line before. And no one had ever looked at me like that before.

Deep down into me. The real me.

Even in times when things weren't awesome between the two of us (I know...gasp...Big A and I aren't always perfect... I know this comes as a shock to you all) I could never doubt how he felt about me. It was in his eyes.

Four years later, I got ready for another anniversary. I told myself that our relationship was amazing and not to expect anything. That I was lucky to have him. And I was good with that. I told myself that it would happen in it's own time and that I needed to enjoy every single moment of that evening.

It had been a long, hard year working through some things. Learning to live together. It wasn't easy, but we made it through. Stronger and more in love than before. This was a day to celebrate. And that is what I told myself.

But then he came home. It was all a whirlwind. He was home. We were talking. He was looking at his present. I opened mine. And before I knew it, he was down on one knee. Asking me to be his forever.

Those words... "Will you Marry me?"

You wait your whole life to hear them. And you picture what it will be like. And nothing can compare to the actual feeling. The love. The amazement. The honor. The excitement. All swirling around in your head. And all you can do is cry. Because you are so overwhelmed with happiness and love. It is all just pouring out of  you.

In less than four months, I will say "I Do" to this man. The one I will be with forever. The future father of my children. My best friend.

Happy Anniversary to the Love of my Life! The past 5 years have been nothing short of amazing. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you!

Here are some pics from that magical night:

I'm still mad at myself for not fixing my ring. Although, I was a little distracted.

Hanging out with our friends at the auto parts store. We couldn't wait to share the news with everyone. We made EVERYONE come down and celebrate!

Drinking Miller Lite out of my brand new fancy wine glass. My first engagement present. (We will forget that I shattered it the next night. I DID replace it though!)

And if you want to hear the whole story. You can go here for the anniversary post. And here, here, and here for the Engagement story.

Want more? Click on the "Our Wedding" tab at the top and you can find all of the long, drawn out posts that I have written about the engagement and the wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Somethings...