Wednesday, May 30, 2012

So What! Wednesday

Thank GOODNESS for So What! Wednesday!

It was difficult to get up this morning (why was it easier yesterday?) and I'm still in a half-asleep fog (and I drove to work?). I doubt I would have been able to come up with anything entertaining otherwise.

Thanks Shannon for saving my ass yet again!

This week I am saying So What! if...

* I enjoy the hour in the morning that I get to myself at work. I go in at 7:00 and no one else is here until 8:00. It is a magical time. I think I am becoming more anti-social by the minute.

* I sat down the other day and marked the calender to count down the days until the Wedding!!! I only marked until 100 days, but that's TOMORROW, so it wasn't that bad. EEK!

* Sometimes I get super bummed about this whole wedding planning process. With all of the stress, drama, and just general bullshit, it gets in the way of actually enjoying this process. For the most part (even though it is hard sometimes) I am just trying to say eff everything else and be excited! Just sucks sometimes that it seems like the entire world has to fall apart when it is supposed to be the happiest time in your life (so far!)

* The temp at work is STILL driving me bat shit crazy. I know she means wells, but dear LORD she makes me want to scream. 7 more days, I can do it.

* Sometimes I feel like a gigantic A-hole for hating on the temp. She is a very nice woman, I can't explain why she angers me so much. It might have something to do with the fact that she said "good girl" and patted me on the head, but... I dunno. I try to be nice. IT.JUST.DOESN'T.WORK.

* I spent 5 minutes straight staring at my tan lines in the mirror last night wondering what the hell I'm going to do about them (because that's a productive use of my time). I'm Irish so I burn like crazy. BUT, I get tan lines really easy. Which means although I haven't been out in the direct sun light, I have tan lines from my tank top. Tan lines + strapless wedding dress = ICK.

* Yesterday I was trying to decide on whether I should exercise or clean the house... and then decided to just sit on the couch and watch Veronica Mars. I'm still not used to this whole getting out early and having free time thing.

* I felt snobby for not even wanting to look at a house that Big A is interested in because the neighborhood is trashy. I mean the house is nice, and it is on a couple acres of land, but the surrounding houses are kind of beat down. Makes me wonder if they are just going to get worse and if anyone would ever bother buying our house should we choose to ever sell it.

* I tell people I am not packing my stuff up for the big office move because it will "take me two seconds" but the real reason is that I am boycotting the move. I have room. I have space. I sit with people I enjoy (minus temp lady) and I do NOT want to give all of that up to sit in a small cubicle near a psycho hose beast who has been making it her mission to make my life hell.

Welp. That about it for today. Apparently I had more to say than I thought.

Now, it's YOUR turn. Head on over to Shannon's blog and link-up!!!

3 comments:

  1. aww sucks! dang that temp sounds like a mess. good thing she's almost out of there. and wtf on an office move? geez your work is getting more and more stressful by the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tan lines. I hate that shit! I wish I knew a secret trick, but I got nothin :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. visiting from SWW.... just remember: the whole point about your wedding is that you get married and have a great party afterwards. it sounds hard to do, but if you get in that frame of mind, the stress level plummets!

    for the tan lines: stupid me, wore a sports bra outside gardening a few weeks before our wedding and got a huge fat tan line on my back. i made my fiance "paint" sunless tanning lotion only on the white part of my back, and "feather" it into the darker part outside the white areas. (at least he pretending to know what i was talking about) he did it several times for me and he did a great job. it wasnt perfect but you couldnt really see it much in pictures.

    try loreal sublime sunless tanning LOTION. not the tint stuff. you'll know the difference. that tint crap is very dark brown and sticky when you put it on. the lotion is a tinted lotion and it feels much better on the skin. take it slow, do a layer once or twice everyday. good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...