Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Weekend Recap... A day late

Hello Lovers,

I'm back. I know. I know. You missed me terribly. You can dry your tears now.

I had yesterday off of work, which I had kind of forgot about for most of Sunday until I was driving home from my parents' house that night.

Do you how it feels to be driving home, at 10:30 PM on a Sunday... thinking about work the next morning... wishing that you could just keep driving and not have to deal with it... get home and start putting your stuff together.... and then remember that you DON'T HAVE TO FREAKING WORK TOMORROW???

It is a truly amazing feeling.

I started the morning off right by sleeping in. There's nothing more satisfying then waking up at 10:00 AM all snuggled up to a Border Collie on a rainy day.

A little while after I woke up, it stopped raining, so I was able to enjoy some of the nice day while it lasted. I went to the doctors, ran some errands and then headed home to my disaster of a house.

I ate lunch, read some of my book (I'm on Book 3 of the "Fifty Shades" series... I'm addicted. I have about 200 pages left of the third one and I am SO sad that it is almost over). Then I decided that enough was enough and it was time to clean.

Except... that... well... I NEEDED to put the finishing touches on one of the wedding invitations so that I could bring it to the post office to get weighed. Because it HAD to be done right then and there... (I LOVE procrastinating).

I got that done, spent $8 million on postage, and returned home. I then spent the next 4 1/2 almost 5 hours cleaning. The house was DISGUSTING!!!

That's the cool stuff that I do on my day off. I clean. Jealous? I know you are.

Then that was it. The day was gone. It was time to cook dinner and wind down.

I told Big A that I didn't want to work anymore. That I was totally down with the House Wife thing. He said he agreed and didn't want to work either, so we need to come up with a plan.

I called dibs on not working first. Because I'm smart like that. Heh.

The weekend was good. It was filled with Bday celebrations for Mama, A Baby Shower with Big A's family, Anniversary QT, and then some Mother's Day excitement. All in all. A good one. The weather was BEAUTIFUL so we were really lucky to have that.

It's supposed to be crappy for the next few days, but the weekend is supposed to be GORGEOUS again. I'm putting the finishing touches on some invitations projects and then my girls are helping me put them together on Saturday.

Hopefully, we will be sending them out the beginning of June... which really isn't that far away. EEK!

I need to start getting my stuff together, I have a bunch of projects that I haven't started and it would probably be in my best interest to do them sooner rather than later. OY!

GETTING CLOSE!

Hope ya'll had a wonderful weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Somethings...