Monday, May 7, 2012

Weekend Recap

Oh my goodness this weekend was exhausting.

Like most weekends.

I just want to sleeeeeeep.

But alas, I can't.

Friday, I was super smart and decided to babysit. After super long weeks and such... I decided to babysit on a Friday night. Which then involved me sitting outside for 2 1/2 hours at a softball game in the freezing cold and misting rain.

Ug. Kill me. My kids are NEVER playing sports.

But Little M was so excited that I was there. So that made all the difference in the world.

The parents didn't get home until 11. Which old, relaxed me, wouldn't have had a problem with. Unfortunately, overworked, overexhausted, on the edge of a nervous breakdown me, had some trouble with it.

Cue passing the eff out as soon as I got home.

Saturday I woke up bright and early to go shopping with my mom and my future mother in law for their dresses for the wedding.

We had a lot of fun, but it was exhausting running around all day. When I was already tired. BUT, we were super productive. Their dresses were bought and I ended up finding a dress for the rehearsal dinner. For a whopping $26. Seriously, bargain shopper over here.

Saturday night, I went out for a friend's birthday. I didn't meet up with them until like 9:30, which wouldn't have phased old me, but we all know I am old and tired, soooo that was rough. I had a good time though and was home by midnight. Not too bad.

Sunday morning, Big A had a car show. I know I've mentioned it before, but Big A has a 1969 Chevelle that he restored himself. It is his baby. Seriously, that is his girlfriend and I am the mistress. (Sidenote: when stating that I would now be ahead of the car due to my future wifey status, Big A informed me that the car would always have his heart since he knew her first. To which our friends J & N responded THEY knew him first, so now the order goes: J, N, The Chevelle, his black truck, ME, and then his white truck... awesome... thanks future husband!)

Anyway... so we were up bright and early for that. It turned out to be cloudy, windy, and cold. I was not a happy camper. But don't worry, the sun eventually came out for a hot second and burned my face. Awesome.

The car show was fun and it was great to hang out with everyone.

After that, we went home. I became a whining mess of my former self, and Big A laughed about how incredibly, ridiculously, crabby I was. (Because that's what you do when someone has reached their breaking point... laugh at them... ug!)

And then that's all I remember because the next thing you know my alarm was going off and my body felt like it got hit by a truck since I apparently slept in the same position for the entire night.

Awesome.

Happy Monday Folks! Tomorrow marks 4 months until my life sentence walk down the aisle and Saturday is our 5 year anniversary (AND the anniversary of us getting engaged... awwwww)! Get ready for a super gushy post (because when he isn't putting cars ahead of me or laughing at my bad mood... he can actually be pretty cool... sometimes...)!

Smooches!

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo!! 4 months is going to FLY by!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...