Thursday, May 10, 2012

Welcome to the world Baby Girl!

Today is a beautiful day my friends.

A beautiful day.

If you are in the wonderful world of Massachusetts... then you know I'm NOT talking about the weather.

I woke up this morning to one of the most amazing text messages.

"Maeve Pearl 7 lbs 12.6 oz 20 1/4 inches born at 1:38 AM"

And my heart filled.

She was here. Finally. After almost 3 days of giving her mother hell (not to mention being overdue in the first place) this beautiful little girl entered the world.

I texted Jackums to tell her how absolutely perfect she was and to ask her how she felt.

"OMG, I had the worst past three days and it doesn't even matter anymore"

True words spoken by a mother in love.

It was incredibly emotional. To think of my friend. Someone who has been there for me through thick and thin, for years upon years. Seen me at my worst and seen me at my best. We have been through a lot together.

Now, she's a mother.

A mom.

It's incredible.

There have been lots of changes. People grow up. People grow apart. They get married. They buy houses. And now... they have babies.

And while a part of me wants to scream for everything to slow down. To just stop for a minute. To just let me think and breathe and accept all of these changes.

Another part of me can't believe how incredibly happy I am and absolutely honored I am that she will let me be a part of this little girl's life. (And I promise I won't teach her too many bad things...but know that I will be fun Auntie Kayleigh and sometimes we are going to need to play tricks... just saying...)

My heart is filled today. For someone who is so absolutely important to me and for someone who is so absolutely important to them.

Welcome to the world Maeve! I can't wait to meet you and be the best Auntie EVER!


Take it easy on your mom for a few days... she's been through a lot. And then you can go back to being a terror... like we all know you will be! I mean with that Mama and that Papa... look out world... Maeve is here!

1 comment:

  1. Awww that's the best! she's a little doll for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...