Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Is It Normal?


I JUST started reading Before The I Do's (since I'm a sucker for engagement/wedding planning/wedding blogs) and saw that she did this link up over at Chalk in the Rain and thought... "hey, I only have 30 min left at work and I am definitely NOT doing work... so why not".

Here it goes: (Although I will pre-face this with the fact that just because I agree or don't agree doesn't mean that it actually IS or IS NOT normal... we all know I'm a bit tapped)


Is it Normal?

1. Is it normal to Google yourself?
I have done it. Multiple times. Some underage girl in England who was missing because she ran away with her boyfriend who was wanted by the police for raping some elderly woman comes up. Kind of upsetting. I also google other people. You find out the most interesting things.

2. Is it normal to pretend you are stuck in traffic as an excuse for being late?
I used to tell teachers in high school that I was late for class because I fell down the stairs. And they believed it. So, yes, it is totally normal.

3. Is it normal to have told someone they have bad breath?
Yes. As long as they are someone close to you. Please don't walk up to perfect strangers and tell them the smell. That's how people get bitch slapped.

4. Is it normal to have worn the same undies 2 days in a row without washing them?
Eww. No. I may not be big on making sure that my clothes are freshly washed, but chonies are where I draw the line. You need a new pair EVERY morning. If you shower, you need a new pair. Gotta keep the netherregions fresh ya know. I used to go super crazy and change them in the morning, AND before bed. If I showered, that was 3 pairs. I went through them too quick. I have calmed down.

 
5. Is it normal to put baby powder in your hair to degrease?
If I could get away with it, I totally would. So yes. But I have dark hair, so it makes mine look weird. I do use dry shampoo which does the same thing.

6. Is it normal to have accidentally sent a nasty text/email to the person the e-mail/text was about?
Yes. We have all done it. I have texted the person I am talking about. Meaning if I am talking smack about Jim Bob (NO, I do NOT have friends named Jim Bob, it was an example) then I texted the smack TO Jim Bob. I once did it to a friend who I was in a fight with via e-mail, but thank GOD for AOL letting you "unsend". And lastly, my old phone used to randomly change the person I was texting. So I would go to respond to a text from Shaniqua and when I hit send, it would send it to Bertha. Yeah. I never got in trouble with that one, but it was close. I have since (for the most part) stopped talking shit where there would leave a paper trail.

7. Is it normal to have lied to your doctor?
I do. And then I confess to my mom. And SHE yells at me. So I confess to my doctor and SHE yells at me too. Sheesh. Shoulda just told the truth in the first place. Would have only got yelled at ONCE!


8. Is it normal to go an entire week eating cereal for dinner?
Not for me. I never buy cereal. Like almost ever. And I barely eat it for breakfast when I have it, so for dinnah... nah dude.

9. Is it normal to pull clothes out of the dirty laundry to wear?
Yeap. As long as said clothes do not smell and do not have any visible stains. And in my case, as long as it has been nowhere near Big A's "laundry basket" in the bathroom where he drops his dirty socks and then drops wet towels on top of them. Yeap... imagine what the socks of a mechanic who works in beefy work boots for at least 9 hours a day. In the cold, in the rain, in the 90 degree weather. NOW... imagine what that would smell like mixed with wet towels. Yeap. Be jealous. Boys are gross.

10. Is it normal to re-gift a wedding gift?
Ehh... it is a situational thing. If it is un-opened, un-used, in pristine condition and it is something that they actually WANT, then why not. BUT, if it is something horrible that you are giving them because you want it out of your house and you don't give a damn, then do yourself and the bride & groom a favor, and just RSVP no to the wedding and then you don't have to worry about the bad present. I would rather nothing than a crappy, insensitive, I don't give a flying eff about you present.

That's all folks. Can't wait to be back tomorrow for So What! Wednesday! I have SO much to talk about with how much of a biatch I have been and how much I just don't care. Heh.

Oh and look at that. 3:27 and it is time to go. Perfection.

Smooches!

2 comments:

  1. Yep, I totally pull stuff out of the dirty laundry to wear the next day. Like Cami's are about the extent of it if I'm wearing it under a shirt...or jeans. But other then that, I don't really do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for linking up! I love that you told your teachers you fell down the stairs! classic :) that makes about any other excuse "normal"!
    Check back on Monday night for new questions!
    Have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...