Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Wedding Update: Invitations

Hello my Lovelies!

I figured that it has been awhile since I have shown you pictures of Wedding stuff.

And seeing as how I have had these pictures saved in this post for over a week, it is about time that I posted them.

Also, I apologize for my lack of photographing skill. I was just happy that I learned how to take the picture and edit them so you could actually see what it said! Haha. Baby steps...

Anywho... here they are!

Our wedding colors are red, black, and a dark silver (mother if you call it chrome, I will smack you :) hehe) so I went with a dark silver envelope to accent the invitation colors. There is a slight sheen to it, but the color is pretty flat. I wanted something with a little more glitz, but beggers can't be choosers I suppose.

I ordered the invitations from Michaels online. I had fallen absolutely madly in love with them when we first got engaged and refused to let go of the thought that they would one day be mine. I waited and ended up getting sent a 30% off coupon right around the time we wanted to order. It was fate. I got what I wanted and Big A liked all the money we saved. Win win.

The invitations are pocket invitations. So we put them all together, folded them up, and then uses black satin ribbon to close them up, but to also accent then. The monogram is from this site. (If you order them, do yourself the favor and order them cut, TRUST ME it is worth the $3!) I then purchased some dark silver glittery paper and stuck the monogram to it, and then stuck that to the ribbon.

The inside of the invitation.

It took me FOREVER to decide on the wording, but my friend Kelli helped me and I couldn't have done it with out her. My favorite part is the first line, "This day we begin the adventure of a lifetime"... oh yeah and the part where I see mine and my best friend's names on a wedding invitation is pretty effing cool too! (Also, you can completely customize everything on these. Font, size, color, wording, etc. It was great to not have to settle for something THEY thought was right. You pick your pocket and envelope colors too!)

Response & Accomodation Cards.

I seriously owe it to my bridesmaids and of course N for helping me put these together. You had to use these little circle sticky things (is there a technical term for them?) and put the invitation on the pocket, put on the eight million stamps (postage is expensive!!!), and then stuff the pockets. The real bitch was putting on the ribbon. That took FOREVER! I put the monograms on the backing ahead of time because I knew that would be annoying. It was really easy to do just sitting watching TV. (And I am super OCD and wanted them to be perfectly centered... yes I'm psycho!)

Speaking of OCD, I really have to thank my bridesmaids and N for dealing with that too. I'm uber particular in how I want things and they definitely got that. Big A and I had also dropped a serious penny on these invitations, so it was great that they fully understood how much it meant to me that they look just right.

And of course, it all paid off because I have heard nothing but good things about them! It was so exciting to hear from everyone about how much they loved them! And I really think that invitations set the mood for the wedding, and I still believe that these were the most absolute PERFECT ones for that. It is like they were made for us and our wedding!

So that's that. Papa is still working on our signs (wonder where I get being a perfectionist from?) so I can't wait until those are done so I can show you. I plan on starting to put together our card box soon (as soon as my lazy butt can get to the fabric store), and I've got a few more DIY tricks up my sleeve.

EEK! This wedding ish is getting real! I'm SO SO SOOOOO excited!
74 Days!!!!

Smooches!

OOH! Also, check back tomorrow. It will be my FIRST giveaway! And it is something special for all of you future brides out there! I am so excied about this one. Spread the word! All girls planning their weddings will want this!

6 comments:

  1. So nice!! They turned out great!! It was so exciting to finally send out wedding invites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great! Love the wording! Very unique. I have never seen an invite worded like that and I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your invitations are BEAUTIFUL!!! They look like a lot of work! Glad you are so happy with how they came out. I also love the wording of the 1st line. So pretty and different!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One word...LOVE!!!! They turned out amazing! I am a huge fan of pocket invites. They are just amazing. So glad that you got what you wanted. You should never have to settle for things like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from Jenna's Journey, and I must say that your invitations are GORGEOUS! Your color scheme sounds fabulous too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping over from Jenna's Journey! First, congratulations on your upcoming wedding, and I must say...I LOVE those colors and the invitations! Beautiful!

    I look forward to reading more from your blog soon!

    God bless,
    ~Stacy

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...