Monday, June 4, 2012

Wedding Update

So, I had a whole post in my head ready to create.

I was going to talk about the belated Valentine's Day dinner Big A and I had on Saturday night.

I was going to talk about the kick ass work out that I had with my mother on Saturday.

I was going to talk about how I actually dragged my lazy behind to the grocery store and stocked up on healthy food.

BUT... I left my cell phone at home. Which has all of my pictures on it that I took for said post.

Great job me. I kind of feel like my arm has been cut off... which goes to show how reliant I am on my phone. BUT to be fair, for the most part, it is really because I am afraid that some emergency will happen and no one will be able to get ahold of me.

Booo.

So, instead I will do a wedding update. Since I KNOW you all are DYING to hear an update. Right?

Anywho, I got some errands done this weekend.

I FINALLY finished up shopping for the Bridesmaid gifts. I went to the store and found EXACTLY what I wanted, BUT they only had enough for 3, so I had to order two more online. Not a huge deal. I'm bummed about having to pay for shipping when I already drove out there to the store, but I guess it is a small price to pay for having what you want.

So that's done. FINALLY. I have some minor things to put together and get one more thing that is being made, and then I am donezo.

Groomsmen stuff is done. It just needs to be put in bags to make it pretty. Guys are SO easy.

Invitations will be sent out this week. I am simultaneously excited and nervous about this. I am excited because that's a huge thing off my to do list and I would LOVE to get one more box out of my living room so it would stop feeling like it was closing in on me. BUT, nervous because... well... that makes thing SO REAL! EEK!

Pa Dukes is currently working on the signs for the wedding. I saw some fun ideas on Pintrest (where else?) and set Pops to work on it. I'm DYING to see how they work out!!!

I have started making my appointments with our vendors so that I can get them on the calendar and not forget about them. We all know I have no brain lately.

Hmm....what else.

OH! I have started looking into ideas of what I want to make for the cardbox for the wedding. I want it to be something cool and functional, but to also be part of the decoration, so I have been stalking google like it is nobody's business. Here are some inspirations:





I'm thinking of a combination of the three of them. I like the cool lettering on the side of the first one so people know what the hell it is. I like the bling of the second one since I we are going for an old Hollywood glam feel. And the third is closest to our wedding colors. So I think I will just mold the three of them together and see how it goes.

I'm looking forward to some fun DIY projects.

Also, the arbor came in for the ceremony. It is currently sitting unopened at my parents' house. I have been there no less than 3 times since it has arrived and we can never remember to open it. Whoops!

Things are coming along. Time is speeding by. We have 97 days which seems like a lot and almost nothing at the same time.

I'm looking forward to getting to the fun stuff like the shower and the bachelorette party. I am looking forward to a little less planning and a little more celebrating. It will be here before we know it.

I also realized (after I ate a sprinkles donut AND a Wendy's chicken sandwich) that my dress fitting is 6 weeks from Saturday (as in June 2nd). SO... I'm thinking that I most DEFINITELY need to get my behind in gear and STICK to it.

Here's my plan:

1. Go to the Gym at least 3 times a week (which would mean that I actually need to get my ass there and actually sign-up)
2. Take Mr. Fresh for one of our 2.5 - 3.5 mile walks at least 2 times a week.
3. Stick to 1200 calories a day. (This is a hard one)
4. NO alcoholic beverages during the week. (I don't drink much during the week now anyway...except for the occasional drink after a long day, or the entire bottle of wine that I drank to my face at family dinner last night... but Sunday is technically the WEEKEND!)
5. Limit alcoholic beverages on the weekend. This means that I need to watch what I drink, and hopefully go for more calorie conscience options. Which also means that I will be using hard alcohol, so I should probably watch myself on that too.
6. DRINK LOTS OF WATER. (I used to be better at this, but since I fell in love with Diet Coke it has been slacking)
7. Limit Diet Cokes to 2-3 times a week.

I think that is a good enough start. I've got 6 weeks. If I lose about 2 lbs a week, that's 12. 12 + 15 (already lost)  = 27 which is 3 lbs away from my goal loss.

Alright lovers. That's enough rambling for me today. Hopefully, I can make it home on my break to get my cell phone and actually put together the post that I WANTED to write today.

Hope you lovelies had a wonderful weekend and this week isn't too brutal.

Smooches!

3 comments:

  1. Aw...this post makes me kind of miss wedding prep alittle. I loved doing all the DIY projects....Glad it's over but still just had a little moment of missing it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can totally do this! And I like your unique card box idea so much, the ones that look like cakes are so adorable! I used a birdcage, kinda played out lol. PLUS only like 3 ppl brought cards so it was super obvious. I totally like the idea of a non-see through card box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diet Coke has become like my crack!! I crave them now. That can't be good. I can't wait to see what you decide for your card box. DIY stuff is always fun. And I can't believe you are sending out your invitations this week! You will feel so much better when you get those out of your hands.

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...