Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Bloggers 411

You all know that I love me a good link-up.
I also love Becky and her adorable family (including the little bambino on the way!)
So why not mix those two loves?

I'm linking up with Becky over at From Mrs to Mama for Bloggers 411.

Now you get to know everything about me! You lucky ducks!

1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
I have been blogging for two years now. I actually hit my two year anniversary at the beginning of July. It's crazy how much has changed since then. I had some private blogs when I was younger and was always into writing. Whether it be in journals or what not. It was my escape. My own little therapy session.

I was toying with the idea of starting one, when my cousin in Lousiana started one so that she could stay in touch with everyone else. She lived in Louisiana. My other cousin was living in either Washington or Georgia at the time. I think another cousin was in Panama. And 90% of my dad's side of the family lives in Ireland. So I thought it was a fabulous idea and hijacked it as quickly as I could.
I think I have become more comfortable with my writing at times. I've received such positive feedback from it that I actually feel like I am creating something relevant. Something that people like and that matters.

2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?
I went to Framingham State College here in Massachusetts. And honestly, I loved it. I majored in Psychology and their Psychology department was AMAZING. I did not have a single professor that I didn't like. I'm DYING to go back for my Masters, but I don't know what I want to go for and money is an object. I'm still paying a crap load for my undergrad. I loved College and I definitely miss it. I know. I know. I'm a nerd.

 3. Where have you traveled?
I haven't been to too many places. In the US, I've been to Massachusetts (obviously), New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Maine, New York, Virginia, Ohio, Florida, and I've flown through Pennsylvania. Out of the US, I've been to Montreal, Nova Scotia, Ireland, and Scotland.

4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
A house. We hate our apartment. Hate it. We need to move out of there ASAP.
5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
Hmm... just 3? Haha. People who chew loudly. It's obnoxious. Unnecessary drama. I have NO patience for it. And lying. Seriously. Want to get my blood boiling? Lie to me. About anything. I will go from 0 to 60 and we probably won't talk for awhile.

6. What is your favorite movie?
Although I haven't watched it in a few years, it has always been and WILL always be Mary Poppins. (Although I'm finally going to see Magic Mike tomorrow, so that might be a close second)

 
7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?
It depends on my mood. Very rarely do I drink liquor. And I NEVER drink tea. Other than that, it depends on what is there and how I feel.


8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?
I'm big into crafty/artsy things. So if I have a project or something like that that I am working on, then I'm a happy girl. I love drawing, painting, etc. Anything that allows me to work my creative juices. (Eww.. that line always sounded gross to me)


9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
I'm going to say Target, because you can get ANYTHING there. And I would probably spend about $200 on myself, and then spend the rest on stuff we need. Because let's be honest, at the end of the day I AM a practical girl.

10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.
Hmm... I'm sure I could think of a million things, because I'm honestly a walking comedy show. Seriously. But, let's go with recent. Last Thursday two of my friends and I went to the beach. And I had bought a new bathing suit top, and new bottoms (they didn't match but that's pointless to the story). I have to wear a strapless bathing suit because I'm getting married soon and my dress is strapless... which means I'm totally vain and refuse to have tan lines. Well, a couple of times I got knocked over by waves when we were swimming and when I came up for air, there were the girls... MY girls... hanging out for the world to see. And the beach was PACKED! So, I flashed like a million people...twice. And at one point I got dragged by a wave and it ripped my bottoms almost completely off. I caught them just in time.

It wasn't my finest hour. I got over it pretty quick though because A) well... I think I have nice boobs, so it was probably a treat (I'm allowed to be full of myself, I was a late bloomer!) and B) there was nothing I could do about it so, why freak out over it? Ya know.

11. What day would you love to relive again?
Hmm... there are a lot of days I would like to live over. Fun times in my childhood. Special days with people who are no longer with us, like my grandparents. Meeting Alex. The day we got engaged. Fun memories with friends. Too many to pic just one.

12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you?
Hmm... this one is a tough one, because honestly, I don't think I actually LOOK like any celebrities. But, I would like to think Mila Kunis. Not because we resemble each other in ANY way, but I think she would do a good job of being me.

13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
I didn't have a lot of jobs as a kid. I worked at Super Cuts as a receptionist for like 3 months and got fired because the new manager fired everyone and hired her family. True story. Pretty sure that's not legal. Whatever.

Then I worked at a Day Care for six years. Leaving twice to be a nanny. Once for 3 months. And another for a year. I miss working with kids and always tell Alex that if we ever get to a point where money isn't a issue due to his pay, then I'm going back. Which he fully supports.

Then I worked at an Elementary School for 2 years in their Autism program. I loved the kids and most of the people I worked with, but the money sucked and the program was struggling. It was too much stress for not enough money. It wasn't good for me to stay there anymore. I do miss it though.

And now I work as an Executive Assistant at a Gas Company in their Corporate Office. Super fun. It isn't a glamorous job, but I'm grossly overpaid, so I can't complain.

14. Show us a picture from high school or college.
I'll have to actually dig for some high school pictures, but all I could find for now was a picture from Thanksgiving of my Senior year. At this point I had taken out all of my facial piercings, so I REALLY need to find an older picture for you!

 
15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
Probably some place tropical. Like Hawaii. Or the Bahamas. Somewhere warm where I could sit out on the beach all day long. And have fruity drinks. Ahh... that would be the life.

16. Show us the most current picture of you or you and your family.
Mr. Fresh. My little man. He will always be my baby!
Big A. Just one part, but a VERY important part of my family.


17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?
Five years from now? I'm hoping in our own house. With a better job. Happily married. And probably with a little bambino. Loving life.  

And that's all she wrote! Wanna know more? Feel free to ask any question. I'm a pretty open book!

4 comments:

  1. Saw your blog in the link up and have to say that I love the title! I pretty much love Fraggles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post!
    It's awesome to learn even more about you! I think you're so cool!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man your boobs falling out story was funny! I have big boobs too and I am always worried that they will pop out at the wrong time, haha! I nominated you for an award on page btw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't ever go to Montreal (or anywhere in Canada for that matter) without contacting me! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...