Monday, July 23, 2012

Bridal Shower Recap

Oh my goodness, it was a long weekend.

A long one in a good way. There was just so much stuff going on. I'm exhausted.

Saturday, as you all know, was my Bridal Shower.

I woke up being so excited. I made a cup of coffee. Hung out on the couch. Watched some TV. Trying to make the time pass. Just staring at the clock.

And then it hit me. All of the emotion. Seriously, I was a mess.

I should have figured as much, seeing as how I have been lately, but it still surprised me. You can read about the whole deal here. It was a hard morning.

Luckily, they sent my mom over early to deal with me. Haha. And she did a great job!

We got ready and then headed over to the shower.

Cue water works... again. One of my bridesmaids filmed me walking in, and you can see me loose my shit. Haha. I was the definition of a hot mess.

It was just so good to see everyone all in one place. Knowing they were there for us. Knowing it was because we were getting married. I just lost it. Haha. I was shaking so bad. I totally was surprised by my reaction!

My beautiful MOH and I. Who greeted me at the door with
a sash, a lei, and a stiff drink. She's the best.

They had me sit down for a minute and gain my composure. Then I was able to go around and say hi to everyone. It was so much fun to see everyone.

The only downfall of the day was my shoes. My beautiful brand new shoes. The ones that I didn't notice that were too big for me. Which resulted in my foot sliding off them as I walked and I fell...twice. Seriously... I get all dressed up. Do my hair. Do my make-up. And then fall on my face.

Big A said I wouldn't be me if I didn't fall on my face! Haha. Isn't he sweet?!

After that I sat in my special chair and tried not to move. And when I did, I just took my shoes off and walked around barefoot. It was the safest option.

After that, it was present time!!! Which was so much fun and so awkward at the same time. I've never had to open up presents in front of 55 people before. Haha. Everyone was so sweet and so generous.

My girls played a game where they had a timer. And every time the timer went off they named an item and the first person who had the item in their purse won the prize. They did a great job. And the prizes were awesome. There was an ice cream machine, a fondue set, a chocolate fountain. and a S'mores maker. Everyone loved it.

After that, the party was winding down and people started to leave. Big A showed up and we loaded up the truck and got everything home and in the newly cleaned loft.

We went back to hang out for a little, but I was beat and we were home by 10:00. I'm pretty sure that I was passed the eff out by 10:30. Haha. It was a long day.

I can't even begin to describe how absolutely AMAZING the day was. My girls did a PHENOMENAL job! It was everything I imagined time a thousand! It was perfect! The decorations, the food, the drinks, etc. They killed it. It was exactly what I wanted. I am so thankful to have such amazing people in my life!

 And now I will leave you with some pictures from the shower.

From left to right. 1. Getting ready. 2. Mr. Fresh posing. 3. Laughing as they explain this super sweet gift. 4. The drinks. 5. My AMAZING present from my MOH. 6. N & Jackums. 7. Beverage tub with margarita set & margarita mix. Delish. 8. Future MIL. 9. Reading cards. 10. Big A's Beatles poster. 11. MOH gift. 12. Bride flip flops. 13. Bachelorette Pimp Cup. 14. The coolest sweatshirt EVER made. 15. My ribbon bouquet worn as a hat. 16. Crying during my speech. 17. Brother's Gf. 18. New cookware from the future inlaws!!!

Woo! There were like a million pictures, but I thought I would keep it short(ish) and sweet. 

47 Days to go!!! 

6 comments:

  1. OMG what an amazing shower!
    You look amazing!
    And your shoes looked hotttt sorry they made you fall over lol! You got the best gifts, everything is so personalized and perfect for you. And that sweatshirt... omgggg perfection!
    55 girls is a LOT of friends & fam. Totally understandable on you losing it! So much love and support. that's the very best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm....beverage tub with margarita set...SWEET!! Looks like a great shower!! You look smokin hot in your dress too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had my shower this weekend too! When I sat down to open gifts I cried like a baby and needed a mintue to get myself together.

    Now I'm working on finding room for everything, half of our office is still filled with stuff and I'm halfway through putting things away. I had about 40 people at my shower and it was outside too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had a nice time! Great weather, great friends, great food! All of it looks so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had an amazing shower! And I agree, opening gifts in front of everyone is a little intimidating.

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...