Monday, July 30, 2012

Color Run Recap

Saturday was the Color Run in New England. I have to say, the novelty of this race had kinda worn off by the time the day arrived.

I don't know if it is because of everything else that's going on, but I found myself not wanting to go. At all!

Luckily, a friend of mine, Ma-Rizzle, was going and talked me into it. Sooo... I went.

We all woke up at the ass crack of dawn and drove over an hour out to where the Color Run was.

Then we took some BEFORE pictures... (I apologize for the 8 million random pics. I tried putting them in a collage, but Picasa was being sucktastic and it wouldn't work right) 

Ma-Rizzle and I. Gangsta.

All of us before the race!

There was over 11,000 people there!

Woah People!

We pushed our way up to the start line. We were in the second wave.

Looking clean!

We didn't take ourselves too seriously. There was too many people to actually run it without bumping and dodging. So we walked. I know. Lazy.

Don't worry, we ran every time we saw a photographer. Heh.

And after...

So STRONG for finishing a 5K!

A little more colorful.

This was about half way through. Oops. Bad order of pics! Haha


I think Ma-Rizzle got the best color! Although, she was attacked by the douche at the blue station.


Damn it feels good to be a gangster.

We rewarded ourselves with some delicious food and of course, beer.

We had fun. We did it. I don't think I would ever do it again, but I am glad that I went through with it.

The only thing that SUCKED was that there were 3 accidents on the highway near where we were. So the shuttle buses got stuck and we had to wait in the beating sun for two hours to get on the shuttle bus to go home. They tried to get us to go back into the park and have fun, but then the line would have been SOOOO much longer.

I mean... 11,000 people. Ridic.

But, they did the best they could I guess. I mean, they probably could have provided us with COLD water that didn't taste like it came from a toilet, but whatever.

Sunday, I spent the day at my friend Cori's Bridal Shower. I have no pictures because I am a horrible friend. BUT, it was so much fun and I finally got to meet her Fiance. I'm just so happy for her that she has found someone that loves her and her daughter completely. And his family was so sweet! You can just tell that they already consider her part of the family, which is awesome!

And that was that my friends.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Back to the grind today. WAAAAH!

5 comments:

  1. Glad you experienced the Color Run. I agree that I think it is a one time thing. Glad I've done it but don't really need to do it again. . . glad you had a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to do the Color Run next year, I just did not have the time this summer for much of anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous! I want to do the Color Run so bad! Looks like you had fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks amazing! and your pics are priceless even if you weren't totally feeling it that day. you totally have bigger things going on in your life, but you stull look like you had so much fun :) i can't wait until the charlotte color run this november :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've always wanted to do a color run! love the photos!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...