Thursday, July 26, 2012

Freak Out...

Last night, Big A and I met at our venue and had our second to last meeting with out coordinator.

Yeah... it was scary.

I'm thankful that we have such an amazing coordinator. She's been super awesome dealing with me over the past few months. Especially since I was super upset at first because they switched coordinators on me without any warning. So, I automatically didn't like Kristin.

Must be the bitch in me.

Anyway... when we went to have our tasting, I immediately fell in love with her and everything has been fine since. THANKFUL!

Last night we finalized the food selection, the linens, the agenda for the day, etc.

It wasn't a super long meeting (about an hour and a half) but we got everything locked down for our "details" meeting, which is in 27 days.

The only thing I am freaked out about is that I thought I had until 3 days before the wedding to get everything done. Seating chart, cards, money, etc. and apparently everything is due at our last meeting.

It isn't a huge difference, but it is 2 weeks earlier than I thought...so... I might be freaking out a little. Maybe.

We are almost at the one month mark and it is totally crunch time. So, for me, for than for you (although I'm sure you will have a barrel of laughs thinking of how I will be running around like a chicken without a head to do it all) I'm going to list out everything that we need to get accomplished in the next 27 days. Ug.

And I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting some things.

And the list isn't HUGE, it's just time consuming. And costly.

And unfortunately, once I have a list of things to do, and I don't know where to start. I usually just shut down. Completely. And then leave everything to the last minute. And then call my mom or J$ crying, telling them I am freaking out, and one of them will come save me.

Yeah... I'm totally a big girl who can manage her own life... haha.

Big A and I have a plan... kind of. I think we are going to work on the songs on Monday. And I think I am going to just assign everything a day and just do it on that day. I mean, I DO have time. I'm sure I will have plenty of downtime while Big A is away at his Bachelor Party.

It's just stressful.

I'll make it though.

OK... well thanks for letting me freak out for a minute there. I'm going to go pretend to do important work and really make one of my over-detailed OCD lists that make me feel more productive even though I spend 6 hours on it and don't actually get anything done ON the list.

Unless... one of the items ON the list is to MAKE a list.

Bingo Bango.

I'm about to check something off my list! Woo!

4 comments:

  1. Wow that is kind of a long list (not too stress you out more). I would give each thing a day and try to do it. Some of the stuff you could get done now. Also get your bridesmaids or friends to help you w/ some of it!! Good luck! At least you are organized enough to have a list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bingo Bango, lady! HAHA Gosh... this whole thing flew by. I'm glad the wedding coordinator is working out-- you're so lucky to be able to afford one anyway.

    I hope the next few weeks go smooth. You will be a beautiful bride! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to vote YES to the menus. I think it's a much appreciated touch and people are totally obsessed with food, so they can talk about that even before it's served!

    The closer to the wedding you get, the more gifts of cash in the mail you'll get, so that can help with wedding expenses (sucks you have to spend it that way, but it helps).

    good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember being at this point. Just take one thing at a time and I promise it will all come together. I wanted to do menu's too, but that was the first thing to get chucked off the list when I didn't have time. I hope that you find the time because I wish we would have done them. Also as far as your song lists go, I actually went on to Pandora and typed in Wedding into the search and a wedding music station popped up. So I just listened to it for a few days and anytime that I found a song that I liked, I wrote it down. And also, Wedding Wire has an entire song data base that you can go in and look at. Unfortunately it is compiled by people suggesting songs, so every now and then you will see a random song like something from 50 cent. But for the most part, it is a great resource. I know you will get everything done. It doesn't seem like it now, but it will come together! Have a fun wine night with all of your girls and see how many of your projects you can get done.

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...