Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Bachelorette Weekend Recap

Oh hey!

Look who finally learned how to upload pictures and get her act together?

That would be moi.

I would love to say that I postponed writing this post because I wanted to build the suspense for some GREAT stories.

But alas, I have nothing. Other than the fact that we drank FAR too much and may or may not have name people's special body parts and then considered them part of our group for the rest of the weekend.

Yeah... here are some pictures:

First day arriving on the scene. Checking out the decor. One of my bridesmaids made those coozies. They said, "I survived Kayleigh's Bachelorette!" and had a skull and the info on them. They were perfect. Loved them. Coupled with my coozie that said, "My name is: The Bride Bitches!!!" it was perfect. Also notice the pin the ding-a-ling on the cowboy (that we never played) and my new friend the sea gull.
On Day 1, I showed up with some fabulous ladies around 11:30 AM. J$ and N had been there since the night before to set up. We immediately got our drink on and headed to the beach. It was awesome, until I was instructed that I should get out of the water and get something to eat. Totally not my fault that the life guards didn't care about our obvious public drinking.

We woke up on Saturday morning and it was cold and rainy. The forecast said it would happen, but no one wanted to believe it. And since it showed NO sign of letting up, we decided to head out to lunch. And continue drinking.
And made the 12 year old waiter take our picture...We had such a great time and chatted away. It was apparent that they stuck us (10) girls in the back room on purpose. The joke was on them when they got too busy and had to put people back there with us. I'm pretty sure some guy wanted to start the slow clap when we were leaving. They were NOT fans of us. Can't imagine why?

After that we went to a vineyard and did a little wine tasting. It was so much fun. I'm pretty sure that people hated us. Almost as much as they hated us at the restaurant.

Jackums and I had to go and do our own photoshoot for a minute! And point to our free wine glasses, SCORE!

After that, we went back to the house and hung out for awhile. AKA... continued drinking. Good plan. Then we all got gussied up and headed out to dinner.
Seriously, dinner was fabulous. I got this cheesy lobster casserole thing. It was to die for. I thought I might call the wedding off and marry my dinner. No big deal.

Of course, by this point all of my drinking had caught up with me and I was exhausted, my head was pounding, and I had about as much patience as a two year old. So we decided that since we were all a bit tired too, and it couldn't hurt to save some cash, we headed back to the house instead of going out.

Lame. I know. I regret it a little bit. I wish that we had gone out to a club somewhere and had this wild time, but I know I wouldn't have been able to handle it. I hit migraine status fast and that was my night.

I'm getting old.

Sunday we woke up. Cleaned up. Packed the car and headed out to lunch before we drove back home. It was seriously a fabulous weekend and I wouldn't change anything for the world. (Well... maybe the rain and the migraine...)

Special thanks to J$ and N who headed to the house early to set everything up and prepare all of the food. You guys are awesome!!! Also, thanks to N's dad for giving us his house for the weekend (we made sure to leave it extra clean when we left). And thanks to my fabulous bridesmaids and friends for coming. It was an absolute blast.

Honestly, with 10 girls in 1 house, I thought that there would be SOME sort of drama. But honestly, there was NONE. Everyone got along and those who weren't really close in the beginning were friends by the end. It also helped that we had 3 bathrooms and adequate sleeping space!

So my friends, THAT was my Bachelorette. I might post the pictures from our fashion photo shoot that we took before we went out. Some are a bit ris-kay so I'm going to need to sort through them first. We got a bit... silly.

Smooches lovers! I'll be back tomorrow for So What! Wednesday!!! (Joanne can you hardly contain your excitement? I know you LOVE SWW! haha)


7 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun! I got that same koozie as a gift :)

    Also, this is my kind of bach. We're planning on getting a beach house & going out in downtown Falmouth. Don't worry about feeling old. I will probably be the same way. My MOH is getting married 2 weeks before me and she was like...can we just get drunk in our pajamas? Oh how things change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWW yay fun!
    and that is amazing all 10 girls got along! Especially when a lot didn't know each other.
    and your vineyard wine glass photo shoot is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun weekend spent w/ great friends. Glad you had a nice time. Where on the Cape where you?? Where was that winery?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you ladies all had a great time! Love that you got to go to a vineyard one day - I really wanted to do that but it just didn't work out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks and sounds like SOO much fun!!! The wine tasting sounds cool too! I've always wanted to do that! What vineyard were you at?

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a blast. Glad it was a good time. Sorry about the weather though. The wine tasting probably would have been my fave part.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a blasty blast! congratulations and such fun. i love wine tastings!!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...