Thursday, August 16, 2012

He's "The One"

The one thing that I have always been sure about when it comes to this wedding is Big A.

I have never had any doubts that he was the one for me.

Not even when he told me he "might as well just put a ring on my finger right now because he will never meet another girl like me" the night we met...and then waited four years to actually do it.

Not even at 11 o'clock at night when he is making the dog growl by "giving him hugs" (aka Bear Hugging him)...OK maybe sometimes when that happens...

But... every so often something happens that makes me just be that much MORE sure, that I found the one.

Last night, Big A came home for date night and we caught each other up on our days. Starting with the fact that I essentially got a bucket of water dumped on me as I walked to my car that morning in the torrential downpour.

We compared notes about how the day busted our balls and I went into detail about how my head was just swimming with bullshit. Work stuff. Wedding stuff. Friend stuff. Home stuff. That I had so much to do and not enough time to do it and I left the meeting with the photographer completely full of information. Seriously, if I was a computer, I am pretty sure that I would have crashed with a "memory full" error of some sort.

We got on the subject of a house that we had been lusting over and then talked about dinner. The conversation went like this:

Big A: "What do you want to do for dinner?"
Me: "You said you wanted enchiladas. I forgot to defrost the chicken like an idiot so I am trying to defrost it in hot water in the bathroom sink, since there are dishes in the kitchen one. Obviously. But I just did it, because I just got home and I have been running around doing a million things.
Big A: "Get your stuff. Let's go drive by and take a look at that house and then I'm taking you out to dinner. You need to get out of the house and just chill for awhile."

And that we did. We drove by the house. Fell even more in love. And just talked. We went to restaurant that we haven't been to in forever and just had a good time. It was great. I felt like a million bucks. Recharged.

And of course, I had to finish the place cards when we got home which kept me busy until 11:00 PM, but I wasn't stressing over it. And they are done!

That's what I love about Big A. He knows that when there is too much going on and I am spinning out of  control that I need him to physically stop me because I can't do it on my own.

I've been that way since I was little. My mom used to say that when I was overtired I used to just spin around in circles in the living room. All my babysitters would just assume that I wasn't tired. She told them to just stop me. Physically stop me. Hold me for 30 seconds and I would be out.

My dad used it as a trick to show his friends.

I've never had to ASK Big A to stop me from spinning. He's always just known to do it.

That's why he's perfect for me. And I can't WAIT until he is my husband.

Alright my lovers. That's enough mush and gush for now. I'm off to tackle my ginormous to do list because I am off tomorrow. Spending the weekend at the Cape with my favorite bitches for my Bachelorette Party.

I could not be MORE excited.

Smooches!

5 comments:

  1. Aw...that is so sweet! What a great catch! ;) Have a blast on your bachelorette! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a beautiful post!!!!
    Big A is sooo the one for you, without a doubt. you two are so lucky to have found each other! And what he said about the ring on the night you met... I seriously have goose bumps!
    I am sooooooo happy for you two! And your wedding will be perfect! yaya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet heart! It's good to have that person in your life that knows when they need to do something so that you don't go crazy. Hope the weather clears up and hope that you have a fabulous weekend! Remember, lot's of water will be your friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think sometimes love between two people is something that other people can't see and its all those little things that you talked about that make love so amazing. Andrew and I have these secret little looks and phrases that we say to one another that no one else understands, he can tell when I'm about to have a breakdown, sometimes I catch him looking at me doing something as dumb as vacuuming and he has this dumb look on his face like he's just so in love.

    I'm so happy to be this in love and I'm sure you are too!!!! I've known since our second date that I would marry him and I think I've been wanting, waiting to get married since then!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute! When you know...you just know. I know how you feel :)

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...