Thursday, August 23, 2012

Inspire Me: Healthy Link-up

I'm linking up with Raven over at Don't Quote the Raven for her Inspire Me: Healthy link-up.

She's been doing this for weeks, but I'm jumping on the bandwagon today.

Because...

1) It makes it so I don't have to think of anything original to write about.

and...

2) I miss the gym. There. I said it.

With everything being so incredibly crazy go nuts, I haven't even had time to think about the gym. It has been nuts. I am still trying to watch what I eat for the most part, but having a nightly Coors or two has come back into the picture.

Seriously, you plan a wedding and NOT drink. I'd like to see that.

Anywho...

Since we had our final meeting with the venue last night, I now find myself with free time. And while I filled my free time with Mexican food and margaritas last night, I plan to actually get my big behind back to the gym.

Because, while I feel pretty good about the rest of my body... Baby still had some back that she needs to get rid of. I mean, 21 pounds is a lot, but it isn't all I need to lose. I still have about 10ish to go. And while I am still slowly, but steadily losing weight (and not putting it back on, holler) I need to get back on track.

So, I'm jumping on the Raven train (track, train? You guys keeping up with these metaphors? Analogies? Where am I?) and hoping that this will hold me accountable. Since apparently having my own link-up was a big fat fail. I mean, c'mon... who else was sick of hearing "No Foxy Friday today because I sat on my fat ass all week...I promise next week will be better".

Yeah, next week never came.

So... with 16 days left until the wedding, I need to get my ass back in gear. I want to tone up a bit more so that the pictures don't show my arms flapping in the wind. No one likes a flappy Bride.

So, while I may not make it to the gym tonight (it is honestly between going to the gym or cleaning my ridiculous house - which still burns calories) it is on my mind and I WILL be back there.

Also... I actually left something out to defrost for dinner! To make a healthy meal that doesn't involve a restaurant and copious amounts of alcohol.

That's right. The BITCH is BACK!

There will be two more of these link-ups before the wedding and I PROMISE that I will have some sort of update or else I will buy everyone a pony! (OMG! Just joking! No one hold me to that! I can't even afford a toy pony!)

5 comments:

  1. Girl, somehow even though we are in different parts of the East coast, we have the same thoughts. always. ok maybe not always, but in the diet/weightloss dept. YESTERDAY my friend and I had an intervention (friendternevtion?) and I'm back on it too! granted I go to cali next week so I'm not going to be dropping what I thought/wished I would.

    AND hilarious enough I totally have a foxy friday post for tomorrow all about it! ok I really like the foxy friday name hahaa ;)

    so good luck and omg congrats on getting so much of the wedding stuff done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mexican and margaritas are a great way to celebrate the final venue walk-thru. :) You can go balls to the wall the next two weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about being so busy that you don't have time to get in the gym. Things have finally settled down on my end and I have been able to get back in the gym and started eating healthy again and the lbs are starting to drop. I know they will for you too. So glad that some of your stress is gone and that you are getting some of your free time back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally understand the being to busy to hit the gym thing! I know when I dont go I start to miss it. You are busy you are DAYS away from your wedding. Enjoy this time and get your marry on then worry about hitting the gym again! In the mean time do the best you can! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck.... or else I expect that pony.....I've always wanted a pony ;D

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...